Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread ***

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Villa are a horrible lot and not very good. 1-0 in under a minute. You can't lose that. You can't lose to them.

Rules need changing. Foul from March at 96.20. They feign injury and pretend to argue with Dunk who carries on. They restart 97.40. Ref blows 98.09.

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
Villa are a horrible muggy little team, but too many off the pace today. The BS penalty decision just the rotten cherry on the top of a an ugly game really.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Just utterly shit. Forgetting the result, that was depressing for anyone watching.
Some thoughts - VAR is a good thing but isn't working in this country and should be binned
Colwill will be an excellent player.
Undav isn't up to this level.
Putting on Enciso was a huge mistake and all RDZs subs were wrong in terms of timing and personnel.
Something feels very familiar about this performance and result. Getting a bit depressing how hard we seem to make things at home so often.
Lots of positives for RDZ to head into the break with but he and his team will realise there's a hell of a lot to do too

Frustrating but don’t dwell on it, some silly mistakes cost us but I’d much rather have our team than theirs

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Disappointing but we got what we deserved for a really poor performance overall.

Losing Lallana so early was a devastating blow but not good after that from experienced players like Dunk, Gross and Trossard. Colwill and Caicedo the highlights, both excellent.

Attacking squad players Enciso and Undav look off the required standard at the moment, need some additions in January.

Long break to get over it and overall, I’m excited about the future under RDZ from what we’ve seen so far.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
Shit referee and them being one of the biggest prick teams I have ever seen in terms of time wasting did not help. But overall can only blame ourselves; we simply did not show up for this one, no creativity, corners straight horse shit, etc. Sucks but we are still in a good spot in the table and just move on to the next one.

Bad days at the office happens.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
A few players already on the plane to Qatar?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Scandalous decision not to give March a penalty.

Overall though I think the performance was not good enough. Bringing on Enciso for Lallana was a decisive call imo, giving away a fair bit of control - Gilmour or Veltman should have been brought on.

Trossard already in Qatar. Caicedo and Ali Mac will also get shit for "saving themselves" but won't agree there really, thought they did well.

Colwill looked pretty decent, March was good for the last 20-30 minutes but overall I'd say this game is just one to forget and move on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here