[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Every game Connolly plays makes me think he's not up to it.

Hoping he would prove me wrong today, but again, never looks like scoring.

If he had the ball instead of Maupay for Trossard's goal, would he have made the assist? Doubt it, he always just has his head down.

Really hope the lad comes good. Maybe he'll prove me wrong this second half.
Agree. That first opportunity is a case in point. Instead of waiting in space around the penalty area he is close to the line with the Villa players making a pass virtually impossible

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Despite being 1 up and comfortably the better side for the majority of the half that seemed like quite a flat performance. Villa were very poor, they surely won't be that bad in the second half? All they need to do is put Grealish central and they'll be a much more dangerous prospect.

We need a second to put this game to bed. Shouldn't be too hard if we step up the intensity a bit and exploit their weak defense. If we don't step it up a bit and villa improve it'll be a nervy second half.

Yep.

Grealish is wasted stuck out wide.

Guessing Drinkwater will come off and he’ll go more central at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
Apart from our goal not really troubling Villa. Goes without saying that we need to get the second. Playing out from the back I fear could cost us. Propper needs to make those killer passes and keep play away from our third.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Apart from having a crap haircut I can't stand all the hate for Jack Grealish. He's a quality player and playing for his boyhood club which I always like to see, just like us with Dunky, Rashford at United and Alexander-Arnold at Liverpool. I always love seeing star players come through a youth system and represent their hometown clubs that they've often played for since they were 7 years old - they are few and far between in these days of modern football.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
We are letting them dominate. Being outfought and outthought. This could end in tears

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports