Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread ***

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well I think that was a fair result. Two evenly matched teams.

Fair play to the Villa fans they really got behind their team, great noise from the away end. Hopefully our form will pick up soon, but at least we didn’t lose.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
**** me Villa are a shit team. What's most annoying is we made them look good in that second half.

Neither played badly today, but we CANT play Stephens and Propper in the same team, we just can't. It clogs up the midfield too much.

Alzate looked much better when Montoya came on, but Alzate is not a RB, he doesn't have the defensive instinct needed.

We need a striker. Really need one. People will pile on Connolly, but still has a lot to learn, is only 19 and has only half a season of football above League 1 level so it will take time to get him to the right level, but at least he tries.

and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, if we put Murray on at least give him something to work with - he was having to come 35+ vards from the goal as we were ****ing about with it in midfield and not moving the ball upfield fast enough. Play to our strengths, goddamnit.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Looks like these clubs are in massive trouble.

Brighton
Bournemouth
Norwich

And you seem to be so happy about that even though you are wrong.
Burnley and Villa are much worse off than we are. :dunce::dunce::dunce:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A good attacking move is to bring off an forward and bring on a defender? .
Yes, to boost the attack by adding Alzate to it and taking off a less effective attacker.

We were sitting back because of less attacking options.
Yes, we were. Potentially a good move in that case to move Alzate further forward. They scored - but nothing to do with the substitution - they scored because we were sitting back, trying to slow it down, and making mistakes (mainly involving passing the ball to them).

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
we CANT play Stephens and Propper in the same team, we just can't.

I agree I don't think the team can carry two players who have no goal scoring threat whatsoever. I get what they do...link up play from defense to midfield. But we only need one.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We're certainly in a little slump at the moment, happens to all teams. But we'll come out of it.

They were actually a tricky team to play, with so many midfielders we didn't have the space we needed. Would have preferred to have played them with Wesley

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I don't think our squad is weak, but it has championship standard chunks that need upgrading.

Villa stopped us playing our game and we didn't have an alternative. Potter needs to learn to play Wimbledon or what ever . . .fannying around like a bunch of tarts doesn't work all the time, today is class A proof. it was so obvious VIlla were going to come back and we were lucky not to lose we were so crap in the second half.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Montoya made himself look smaller for their goal. Probably harsh but some keepers would have saved that.

Like that Maupay has a side to him but I wouldn't be taking the piss out of their only talent with 30 mins to go.

Bar Burn this year we never get on the end of things in the box. So slow to react.

I think we need another striker. Connelly is an outlet but poor, Murray is past his best and not suited to this team and Maupay isn't good enough for us to solely rely on him.

Crap result.

I'm not sure if this is the reason and neither played badly but tired of watching Propper and Stephens in the same team.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
You have to score more than one goal at home to the worst teams in the league really.

Beginning to worry about us now. It's a lack of fire power.

totally agree, i'm not sure we're in a position to consider general (under a certain age) signing rules in mid Jan as we sink, we need firepower end of, we need goals, however old they are, however much.... its cheque book or championship.

Hijack the villa samatta deal maybe a good start. He's got a cracking header on him. or even someone else, whatever........... roll the dice on another forward with a decent goal scoring history FFS

We were awful again, devoid of ideas again, with no cutting edge again. GP is a great fella, but Potterball aint working right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here