[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Will be interesting to see if Lamptey is risked as a starter or kept on the bench. Veltman has to keep the shirt after that assist on Monday but if he tucks into RCB we lose a bit of height and I really fancy getting a few set pieces and sticking them on top of Ben White, surrounded by Dunk, Duffy and BDB.

As mouth watering as playing Tariq and Cucu together is, I would go largely unchanged (but obvs Connolly in for Danny and Biss back in if he's close to ready).

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If Biss is out I think we need a formation change and an extra body in the middle. It's not ideal but we need to learn from the last game that two aging and immobile CMs doesn't cut it at this level, you lose the middle therefore can't control the game.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Will be interesting to see if Lamptey is risked as a starter or kept on the bench. Veltman has to keep the shirt after that assist on Monday but if he tucks into RCB we lose a bit of height and I really fancy getting a few set pieces and sticking them on top of Ben White, surrounded by Dunk, Duffy and BDB.

As mouth watering as playing Tariq and Cucu together is, I would go largely unchanged (but obvs Connolly in for Danny and Biss back in if he's close to ready).

No way will GraPott risk Lamptey today, step out onto the pitch and a big gust could see him end up in Shoreham or even further afield. Stick with heavier players today, Burn, Moder, Dunk and Duffy.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Expected lineup according to the Arsenal subreddit:

midfield.jpg

Excited by that central midfield...

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
I think either side could edge this one, but if Arsenal start as they did against Spurs and we start as we did against Palace we could be a few down by half time. I'd take a draw.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I think either side could edge this one, but if Arsenal start as they did against Spurs and we start as we did against Palace we could be a few down by half time. I'd take a draw.

Yes exactly this. We need to start well. We’ve struggled to do that and Porter has it got it wrong initially. We absolutely must not allow them to carry on from last week because they do have excellent players and if they’re allowed to play I’m afraid they’ll be far too good. Biss being back would make the world of difference.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
These are a good team, were loose

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Quite up for this.

I used to have a familial soft spot for them (dad’s from Kings Cross, step dad was a STH there). A combination of AFTV, their hilarious library stadium, the tear stained over reaction to the Leno incident and the line of middle class kids in brand new Arsenal replica shirts getting off the train at Hove after our first PL game up there have slowly made me despise them, the plastic pricks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Concur with above.... and as much as I admired Wenger as coach and football man, his ridiculous excuses, one sidedness and never seeing anything for dodgy or dangerous play, just compounded the dislike.

Corporate plastic club

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If there's no Biss we surely need to put an extra man in midfield. If Palace's chumps could get on top of us pretty easily then the Arsenal midfield will have a field day. I'd go:

Sanchez

Veltman
Duffy
Dunk
Cucurella

Lallana
Moder
Gross

Trossard
Maupay
March

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Interesting that young Jeremy Sarmiento (selected by Ecuador alongside Caicedo this week) is being talked up by his father as likely to START today v Arsenal

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Interesting that young Jeremy Sarmiento (selected by Ecuador alongside Caicedo this week) is being talked up by his father as likely to START today v Arsenal
Where did you see the start quote ?

He said feature I think

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports