[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It's beyond that though this season. It's some kind of insideous thing now with moaning despite decent displays. We lost yes TO ****ING ARSENAL. People have lost all perspective, heard we were aiming LONG TERM for the top ten and expect us to suddenly be world beaters this season. It's ridiculous.

That's absolute horseshit. No-one in their right mind expects us to be top ten. And I'd put my house on no-one pissed off on here tonight only being pissed off because top ten was mentioned as a long term goal and expecting us to be worldbeaters.

Decent displays? Have you seen our league position and dismal 2020 record? We play decent in spells of games, but that doesn't get you points.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The team look short of inspiration today. This was not a noble defeat with chances created, this was a shit performance.

Why do we slow the game down every ****ing chance we get, letting the opposition sort out their defence and get organised.

Arsenal speeded their game up in the second half and got their rewards.

We didn't and didn't.

Shit!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No I am not. Arsenal had Lacazette and Aubamuyang and they were the main difference today. We simply can not compete for strikers of that quality so yes, we will probably lose if they take their chances.

We beat Arsenal twice last season and they were one place ahead of us at kick off time.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
No I am not. Arsenal had Lacazette and Aubamuyang and they were the main difference today. We simply can not compete for strikers of that quality so yes, we will probably lose if they take their chances.

10 out of 16 teams have taken points off arsenal this season, ffs. They've been dogshit despite their big names. Its not just tonight that people are pissed off at anyway, is it. Surely you can recognise that. It's a build up of ongoing pathetic displays in defence and attack over this season and last. Only scraping a draw after going 1 down against a team with 10 men for 50 minutes, and who currently sit on 2 (two) points all season says it all.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

One of which did nothing, one of which scored with his first touch after more poor defending. Are you seriously saying, that the supporters thinking we had a chance of winning are deluded.

If we aren't targeting teams around us because of reputation, then who are we targeting, the three promoted teams each year?

Sorry [MENTION=15363]Plooks[/MENTION] I realise you are a top supporter like the majority on here, and you do at least discuss, but this is nonsense....

GP should have gone after them tonight, but opted to not play a recognised striker.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No I am not. Arsenal had Lacazette and Aubamuyang and they were the main difference today.

5F12F315-56AC-4D30-84B5-505C047B801C.jpeg

0C83E060-DF1F-434D-928C-5E57186BA2F7.jpeg

But they were there last season

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
It’s a polarised board innit. The pro Potter and the anti taking swipes at each other. Shame really. We were poor tonight and have been for much of the last few games. I hope GP can turn it around. I’ll support my team whatever but Christ it is a hard watch atm.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Exactly. Vagabond is totally deluded. He must have only been watching us 5 years or so. With these sort of performances every single manager we’ve ever had has got the same treatment and exactly the same happens at every other club too when their performances stink the league out for such a long period.

So you throw the insults around. Ironic as that’s what my post was about.

I go back as far as the Goldstone believe it or not. And I was Hughton out, but it was reluctant. And I was never abusive to others with a different view, I seem to recall there being a lot of good, friendly heart on sleeve discussions on NSC in Hughton end days.

And this is wrong by the way... we’re not winning enough. But we’re hardly ‘stinking the league out’ a la Hughton era.

and exactly the same happens at every other club too when their performances stink the league out for such a long period.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
So in your world if we have beaten a team before we should always beat them in the future!? What a boring world.

Reading your posts makes it a boring world. For ****s Sake wake up and smell the coffee 1 win in 17 home games .A coach picking a team with no striker staring and Arsenal have been dog shit this season and they were there for the taking.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
So in your world if we have beaten a team before we should always beat them in the future!? What a boring world.

That's the most ridiculous thing you've written since you complained that NSC was promoting that the actual plague was loose in London.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
So you throw the insults around. Ironic as that’s what my post was about.

I go back as far as the Goldstone believe it or not. And I was Hughton out, but it was reluctant. And I was never abusive to others with a different view, I seem to recall there being a lot of good, friendly heart on sleeve discussions on NSC in Hughton end days.

And this is wrong by the way... we’re not winning enough. But we’re hardly ‘stinking the league out’ a la Hughton era.

You do love that word abusive don’t you

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Both are true. You LITERALLY said we should best arsenal as we beat them last season. :ffsparr:

I can absolutely assure you I didn't literally say we should BEST Arsenal. Get a dictionary and a spell checker. And a brain that does nuance.

And perhaps stop being a humourless dildo while you're at it.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yes. What is your point. The previous game is not relevant to this one. The fact is arsenal have higher quality strikers that will punish any mistakes we make. Maybe we made less errors in the previous game or they had an off day.

I’ve explained it twice, come on Plooks you are either playing a game or have lost your reading glasses :):)
You know what point I’m making about the 2 Arsenal players. :mad:

So in reply to this post, so Arsenal had 2 off days last season?
I believe starting against Arsenal that have been in much worse form than last season and us starting with no strikers is madness.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Yes. What is your point. The previous game is not relevant to this one. The fact is arsenal have higher quality strikers that will punish any mistakes we make. Maybe we made less errors in the previous game or they had an off day.
Why didn't we beat Fulham, Sheffield Utd, West Brom or Burnley. They don't all have better strikers than us ? There is no entitlement that we should have beaten Arsenal, there is an entitlement we should have given it a proper go.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports