Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ***Brighton & Hove Albion vs AFC Bournemouth Official match thread***

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
2-2 FT at Fulham. That's a good result for us, as that was one of Wigan's easier games. I'd say that they can't get 46 points now even if we lose the next 4; there is no way that they'll get 10 points in their last 4 games.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
According to SSN just a few seconds ago we are still drawing 0-0 so still in with a chance, as long as we don't give away any silly freekicks ???

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Thank god I come back from holiday today with a stinking head cold and didn't feel up to going tonight, otherwise I'd really be spitting my dummy out about the sub standard loanees we have.
Can't wait for next season and automatic promotion
From league one?

Cos that's more realistic. :(

Jim_AFCB

Oct 9, 2010
We were poor for large periods tonight - probably as bad as we have played all season.- Luckily a couple of bits of magic from Yann saw us through.
Brighton worked hard and played well, stopped us, but without really having a cutting edge.

If you guys can sort out your scoring problems over the summer,can see you being much more of a force.

Good luck for the rest of the season!

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I don't care that it's just little Bournemouth. They have stuffed enough good teams in this league to earn their position 4 points clear!

nothing against them but just because other teams have lied down to be shafted by this quite good team it doesn't mean we can't put in a shift

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
We were poor for large periods tonight - probably as bad as we have played all season.- Luckily a couple of bits of magic from Yann saw us through.
Brighton worked hard and played well, stopped us, but without really having a cutting edge.

If you guys can sort out your scoring problems over the summer,can see you being much more of a force.

Good luck for the rest of the season!

100% right...even the opposition telling us we need Goalscorer...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yes unlikely but I didn't expect us to get anything from Derby either! End of season, form book goes out the window. Hope you're right though!

It's standard for football fans to see the worst case scenario all the time. However, Millwall are 2nd bottom for a good reason. Yes, they won on Saturday, but it was against a team with absolutely nothing to play for who were down to 10 men for over an hour. I predict that they'll get 5 more points: a win against Wigan (which will relegate them) and a couple of scrappy draws.

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2005
Hangleton
It's standard for football fans to see the worst case scenario all the time. However, Millwall are 2nd bottom for a good reason. Yes, they won on Saturday, but it was against a team with absolutely nothing to play for where down to 10 men for over an hour. I predict that they'll get 5 more points: a win against Wigan (which will relegate them) and a couple of scrappy draws.

Agree that as a fan you always see the worse that could happen. I'd certainly take the scenario you outline! I just hope they don't have a few out of their skin performances!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not sure what game you were watching? we were miles from getting a draw!! they were always going to score, we were always NOT going to score! when we went forward we got near there goal and had not a clue what to do, Bestt is as much a striker as I am!...........whilst we are all upset, plese see reality....................they only had 2 shots on target....we had one..............they won 2...0.........
Watched the first half in the pub, then came home. We'd had more shots than they had, but neither side had had a shot on target. They were much faster than we were, but it was 0-0, and a second half the same would have got us a draw. They had two shots on target in the second half, and scored from both - that's why we're at opposite ends of the league. To say we were miles from getting a draw is far from the truth - we were twenty minutes away from getting a draw!

Yes, it was disappointing, as the whole season has been. Yes, we were second best, but defended well for 70 minutes. Still been some crap on here though. We've pulled 9 points clear of relegation; that wouldn't have happened if we hadn't replaced Hyypia with Hughton. It's called making the best of a bad job.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
2 goals in last 7 matches excluding the own goal
no goals in last 3 matches
1 shot on target tonight
We're just not setup to score.
Shocking defending at times
Depressing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here