Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs AFC Ajax *** Official Match Thread ***

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Do that again in a couple of weeks and hope that AEK v Marseille is a draw and we top the group.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
What a fantastic evening, we looked pretty comfortable for the entire 90 minutes and got our first clean sheet in god knows how long.

Personally the evening has lost a bit of its gloss due to the absolute shower that are Thameslink trains. Just as for the AEK game, 2 trains home from Brighton have been cancelled (due to no driver being available), meaning my next train home isn’t until midnight and I won’t get home til 3am. Oh well, at least I’m not as wet as last time.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Great result no injuries and being played at training pace is good news for the next game coming in quick successio.

Dunk, Milner, Mitoma, Pedro and Grob all played well in fact no one played badly.

But North Stand what’s up a few rounds of Albion Albion , SBTS, Dunky one of our own apart from that you were so quiet surely you choosing to sit in the north stand is because you wanted to be part of the singing section the atmosphere makers but your not why?

What’s the problem is it the stadium design, is the north stand no longer the Brighton end from what I can remember the north stand at the Goldstone was a living breathing powerhouse a wall of noise and scarves, the last 20 minutes of any game the north stand really were the 12th man

In my opinion our away support is so much more vocal where NSK have more influence how can we get that atmosphere and noise at our home games

Agreed with the atmosphere tonight . We got our first ever win in Europe against Ajax! One of the biggest teams in European football, although not the team they were, and it was so quiet .

Was it that the Ajax fans didnt really turn up either ? Did everyone peak too early on the beers ? Was it a walk in the park and we didn’t get out of 2nd gear ?

The only songs everyone sings is a few rounds of Albion, Sussex by the Sea and Dunks song .

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Tourist

Atmosphere was great in the North tonight... 🤔 loved it - wide variety of chants throughout too which spread right across
I stand in the centre of the singing section and it's a f***ing chore trying to get get at atmosphere going every game

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’m SO happy. I keep mini punching the air. I have a permanent shit eating grin…..

…..because we kept a clean sheet at last :moo:

Ajax are awful but we did everything we needed to. Thoroughly professional and great for our confidence.

Brighton and Hove Albion have won a game in Europe. Let that sink in. Let. That. Sink. In.

:clap:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Ajax might be shithouse this season but that's still a pretty amazing stat to achieve - esp considering our injuries and rotation of players

Some excellent passages of play tonight. Patient too in the first half when they played ultra defensive
You can see why they're second bottom of their league.

Commentator said they've never been relegated in their history.

And with a new manager inbound the return fixture can't come soon enough, before they get their shit together.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Absolutely lovely night but something is seriously wrong with either our support or the stadium design. Biggest result ever and like a library, such a shame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here