Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs AEK Athens *** Official Match Thread ***

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
So is it true that their 2 first choice centre backs and striker are out injured?

Vida, Moukoudi and Levi Garcia?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
How this isn't the cover for tonight's programme I don't know but at least it's a free "giant poster" inside. Might have to try and grab one early.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 11.18.03.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 11.18.03.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 192

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
If you want a terrific pre match listen this weeks Albion Roar features @attila but also Sotiris Kapnis who is a AEK fan and is really good at talking about the history of AEK, their chances tonight and also the power of football to bring people together.
John met Sotiris because he's doing up his kitchen !
Really interesting insight from the AEK fan

AEK Melbourne

Sep 2, 2023
This is a really interesting thread, was surprised by the amount of love for The Who, and how they were looking to enjoy listening to them while sitting on the beach today. I always thought Quadrophenia was a niche, indy film, but it seems to have made an impression on our Greek friends.
Sorry for the intrusion, I introduced myself in the other thread, thought I could provide some translations and insight.

Basically some on the forum are saying that the more important game is the one on Sunday against Panathinaikos, others are hoping that we don't cop 7 or more as that's the score Juventus put on Olympiacos and we have reminded them ever since. Anger towards management due to not signing a 4th CB in time...

Greeks don't tend to be optimistic in the best of times and it's fair to say that the majority can't see any hope especially with our 2 main CBs out leaving us with a shaky 3rd choice and most likely our DM playing out of position.

Even I a born and raised Aussie can't get myself into any 'she'll be right mate' attitude for this one, but who knows maybe one of the gods I've prayed to this week will help out...

And yes the Greeks in Greece pride themselves on being different and niche with their taste in music and culture, you'll find they're into all sorts of weird stuff...

Anyway enjoy your first Euro experience lads! Happy to provide further translations if needed

AEK Melbourne

Sep 2, 2023
So is it true that their 2 first choice centre backs and striker are out injured?

Vida, Moukoudi and Levi Garcia?
Yep Vida and Moukoudi our two CB's are out, Levi Garcia is our first choice striker he missed the weekend derby against Olympiacos but he is in the squad for tonight's game.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Thunderstorms, heavy rain, pyros and a raucous atmosphere, it is going to be an emotionally charged night.

Can't wait.....

Absolutely buzzing already....

4-0

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Just had a mooch round Brighton on my lunch break. There were a few AEK fans at the King and Queen and a lot of police outside but it was generally pretty quiet.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
The games I suppose is on TNT which doesn't work abroad on my sky account and Turkish TV aren't showing (only 2 they are not showing!) Anyone got other suggestions?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here