Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion u21 Vs Aston Villa u21 At The Amex

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Good performance and a deserved win

I agree, quite enjoyed it but if there was ever an example of how the result/performance doesnt tell the whole story in development football this has to be it.

An impressive result against a renown Premier League club is always nice, but it was a bit of a mismatch if your honest.

Aston Villa were made up of primarily 1st and 2nd year scholars perhaps a schoolboy or two even, they were young kids against quite a physically advanced older players.

A proper analysis of the game would temper what actually was achieved last night, but I guess you can only play against who you play against.

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
First time we attended an under 21 match. Was well impressed, easy parking, seating in the lower west, pies, beer etc all available. The match was fast, from end to end and from start to near the finish, when some understandably started to tire.

Enjoyed all of it, would have thought ther must have in excess of a couple of hundred, though I'm prepared to be corrected on this. If you haven't attended an under 21 game, give it a go.

Now about this Arsenal thing .......

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Are all the DS games going to be there now. I have been to the odd game at Lancing. A good cheap night out.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Are all the DS games going to be there now. I have been to the odd game at Lancing. A good cheap night out.

No, typically games will be at Lancing but it is a requirement of the league to play some (not sure how many - 3 or 4) games at the Club's main home ground.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Where did you park?
When is the next game?

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/team/academy/Brightonandhovealbionunder21sfixtures.aspx

You would possibly need to ask the club via the ask the club link on this forum, what the last game selected is for the AMEX (I imagine it could be the Newcastle game as they are top of the league) all the other home games will be at Lancing, as mentioned before, I am always surprised that more people do not attend, its great to see our development players progress.

Parking for AMEX in coach park and Bennet's Field and at Lancing Culver Road street parking after 6 on surrounding roads. Or the train is very easy to both.

Attachments

• U21 Fix 15.jpg
    U21 Fix 15.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 209

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/team/academy/Brightonandhovealbionunder21sfixtures.aspx

You would possibly need to ask the club via the ask the club link on this forum, what the last game selected is for the AMEX (I imagine it could be the Newcastle game as they are top of the league) all the other home games will be at Lancing, as mentioned before, I am always surprised that more people do not attend, its great to see our development players progress.

Parking for AMEX in coach park and Bennet's Field and at Lancing Culver Road street parking after 6 on surrounding roads. Or the train is very easy to both.

Thanks for that.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I agree, quite enjoyed it but if there was ever an example of how the result/performance doesnt tell the whole story in development football this has to be it.

An impressive result against a renown Premier League club is always nice, but it was a bit of a mismatch if your honest.

Aston Villa were made up of primarily 1st and 2nd year scholars perhaps a schoolboy or two even, they were young kids against quite a physically advanced older players.

A proper analysis of the game would temper what actually was achieved last night, but I guess you can only play against who you play against.

Absolutely.

Having watched the Arsenal game a few weeks back however I was pleased.

Arsenal totally bossed us from minute 1, should have beaten us by 7 or 8, and that was when toko, paddy and holla were playing... that really was men against boys.
Still a long way to go to get the u21s up to speed as it were.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Interesting. Ive seen two Dev Squad games this season - v Blackburn and Arsenal. Against Blackburn we looked like schoolboys vs men. They were physically bigger and quicker than us. Arsenal, on the other hand, looked like a team of 6th formers but boy, could they play. They made us look like a village team and, despite being slight of build, were light years away from us in terms of skill, tactics, movement and pace. If they play some of these players against our first team in the cup I fear the worst!!!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Interesting. Ive seen two Dev Squad games this season - v Blackburn and Arsenal. Against Blackburn we looked like schoolboys vs men. They were physically bigger and quicker than us. Arsenal, on the other hand, looked like a team of 6th formers but boy, could they play. They made us look like a village team and, despite being slight of build, were light years away from us in terms of skill, tactics, movement and pace. If they play some of these players against our first team in the cup I fear the worst!!!

This is an example of each DS game and trying ( from afar ) to warrant our lads progress ahead of just the result.

Although I agree the Arsenal players were freshed faced, they were physically superior in most of what they did, the lad upfront 'Akpom' ?? might of scored 6 on his own, sometimes having first team players doesnt always help the overall team, for various reasons.

I did wonder when watching the Arsenal DS team casually dismantle our team if they would probably turn over our own first team as well ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here