Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion Subbuteo

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Did you have a Subbuteo stadium?
My brother and I had a double story plastic stand which went along the side of the pitch. We had thirteen spectators. Along with our large supporter base and the astro-turf pitch, we were a bit of a home fortress, leading to an unbeaten home record in 1980/81...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Did you have a Subbuteo stadium?
My brother and I had a double story plastic stand which went along the side of the pitch. We had thirteen spectators. Along with our large supporter base and the astro-turf pitch, we were a bit of a home fortress, leading to an unbeaten home record in 1980/81...

Are you talking about Subbuteo here or Crystal Palace FC?

Where was the moulding plant?

At the back of Kev's house in Third Street. Google Streetview shows that the site is now two detached houses although the road itself remains unadopted.

Last edited:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
:clap: That's the set I had.
The sad part is, I never really played Subbuteo as a kid and got this at the age of around 20 just because I wanted to keep it. I was more of a Striker man myself - loved the way the goalkeepers dived properly as they were on a wheel that tipped them when you rolled them left or right. My dad found the box in his loft a few years ago but the foam pitch had perished. One up for the Subbuteo felt pitch

I meant in which town.

Langton Green which was the centre of the Subbuteo universe. They also had premises at Wadhurst, in Tunbridge Wells (bottom of Warwick Park) and in Chiddingstone Causeway. I don't know how the other sites fitted into the grand scheme of things.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
For those looking for all the official strips you need to find these ref numbers

51 (the classic blue and white stripes)
17 (the blue shirt white sleeved kit)
42 (All blue with white socks)
168 (the all yellow away kit from early 1980s)
222 (all blue with white trim on shirt, shorts and socks)
487 (the last version produced as shown above)
530 (blue with red and white pinstripes)
628 (Blue shirt with horizontal white pinstripes)

573 is the red away version of 530 but was never sold as a Brighton kit (listed as Wales)

I will get the camera out tonight and try and get photos of all the other kits I have done as well including the Chewitt wrapper playoff kit

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
And here is the secret to the detail on the kits I've done.

264315_282652331845707_1835288606_n.jpg552692_282652308512376_1460641096_n.jpg

You design the strip on a computer, print it out onto decal paper and then cut each little bit out and stick it to the player. The cutting out bit was a pain in the backside but I have a friend who can get them printed and cut out automatically so that saves hours (hence the watermark on the photos from his site).

Slap a bit of paint on afterwards for skin and hair and job done

And yes those are boot decals on the bottom of the artwork

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here