Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion sign Sheffield United winger Jamie Murphy on a four-yeat deal

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Just think for the Blackburn game we could have Bobby and Murphy playing at some stage! :drool:

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I know this must sound very petty, but are there any other Albion fans delighted that Sheff Utd fans are annoyed at selling Murphy to us, for no other reason than payback for when they nicked Danny Cullip of us. I hope that's ruined their season :)

I know at least one dedicated Sheffield Utd fan who thinks he is an inconsistent luxury who will give you 10 good games a year and hide for all the other matches

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
http://www.skysports.com/transfer/n...ighton-and-hove-albion-from-manchester-united
Check this out before headline gets put right!.
:lolol: Man Utd!.

Headline.jpg

D

Deleted member 2719

Cheer up fella. I think we need to give Hughton the benefit of the doubt here, his formation was cack last season but he had sod all to work with. Having had the summer to recruit some players I think we are going to see far more attacking intent from our team, we certainly had far more bodies forward against Forest and played 2 wingers actually on the wing, and we've just bought a new one that is rapid, can shoot and pick out a team mate.

It was said tongue in cheek, i will give Hughton the benefit of doubt which is 10 games to prove he is not negative, especially at home.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I know at least one dedicated Sheffield Utd fan who thinks he is an inconsistent luxury who will give you 10 good games a year and hide for all the other matches

I know him too; who's the other one?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Living in Sheffield I can assure you that most United fans are gutted to see him leave.

I told a mate of my son's that he'd signed for us today and immediately had to make a joke of it as I thought he was going to burst into tears.

Mind you, he's only 8 so perhaps "Have you heard that we've signed your best player?" was a tad harsh.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
there's a few precious souls slagging us off on their forum!

http://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/oh-well-thanks-jamie-murphy.41351/

dublin10blade: "I liked reading that Foxy , till I saw him holding up that B**e & white rag , it's the same when I go to see Leinster, or the Dubs can't say come on you boys in B**e , can't sing anything praising that colour"

Cyprus Blade "Sorry but the words "F*** off and die" came when I saw that blue and white rag. What have we come to when Brighton and effing Hove Albion represents a step up. "

"
Lane ended: Cyprus Blade said: ↑

quote: Sorry but the words "F*** off and die" came when I saw that blue and white rag. What have we come to when Brighton and effing Hove Albion represents a step up.

They are and always will be below us be patient "

and they've even quoted your post Braggfan, that i replied to above........ with the friendly and intelligent response of "bitter brighton bumboys"

they should be used to being inferior to clubs who wear blue and white stripes........ theyve always been smaller than wednesday and now even little old Rotherham are better than the blunts. Murphy has moved up the footballing pyramid, so no point for fans of Sheffields 3rd team crying about it. Will be interesting to see if the physio Adkins can defy the adage that says "you can't" and actually is able to polish a turd with the cash.

That's hilarious that they've quoted me. That feels like a double win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here