Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion sign Sheffield United winger Jamie Murphy on a four-yeat deal

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A lot popping up on Twitter but I'd imagine it's all based on one tweet from one account...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
'Can't see it. B & HA have just signed Bobby Zamora, Jack Harper and Vahid Hambo. Seems they're 'going for it.''

Sarcasm?

Don't know, but it all looks remarkably similar to what was being written on Bristol City's forums about Baldock this time last year. I just hope that this bloke has a bit more luck in his first season.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Definitely makes sense to go back in for Murphy if Blackburn won't play ball... one problem = Tw@tkins...

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Whilst £2,500,000 does seem a lot for him its safe to say that if he's the difference between 6th and us winning the play-offs and us finishing 10th then he'll be worth every penny.

albionite

May 20, 2009
£2.500,000 *Cough* Incredible.

£2.5m wow. From what I've read can be a very good player on his day but inconsistent ( suppose that is most wingers).

If we do land him wonder if that will end our interest in the Blackburn winger.

Funny reading sheffields forums about what a tinpot club we are and they shouldn't be selling to a team like us. Must be Sheffield fans in general thinking they've got a God given right to be in top flight.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Have a look at that youtube highlights that NooBHA posted. I'm aware that £2.5m is a lot of money, especially from us, but bear in mind that Blackburn want £5m for Marshall, and they've reportedly turned down a £3m offer from us. I know Murphy's recent history is in L1, and highlights videos are always flattering but I was extremely impressed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here