Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion sign Sheffield United winger Jamie Murphy on a four-yeat deal

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Twitter-rumour ( ie :lolol: ) that Sheff Utd are interested in signing some ex-Millwall winger...

You never know, it might even be true, and they are looking to replace someone...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
All the twittering is about Leeds wanting to sign him, and trying to negotiate a price they like.

Has this deal fizzled out for us ? ???

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
All the twittering is about Leeds wanting to sign him, and trying to negotiate a price they like.

Has this deal fizzled out for us ? ???

I wonder if that might be what the stumbling block is?. He might want to stay in that area having just had a baby recently but if we have offered Sheff Utd more money than Leeds have then they would possibly be trying to push up what Leeds are willing to pay for him.

This is just a guess on my part I don't know anything for sure on this except the fact that we are still pursuing him.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If we have agreed a fee with Sheff U, I think we should set a deadline for this guy, just like he did for Iranian Ali... move on if the deadline not met...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yep he certainly does

I love that pic - whoever bought both banners take a bow. I waited on the running track that day too to remind Nigel of his keeping up comments :lol: :wanker:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sheffield United have signed the winger, so is Murphy off ? ???

To us, or Leeds ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
For a while whenever I've looked up discussions on him on twitter, it's always Leeds fans talking about whether Sheff Utd will sell him to them.

Are they the number 1 destination for Murphy this summer, and do we realistically have much chance of getting him ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Apparantly the deal to take Sharp to Sheffield Utd will not involve the transfer to Leeds of Murphy...

So he might be going elsewhere...

Albion, maybe...

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Have me moved on with the Marshall deal instead, particularly as Bozza indicated that Marshall was keen to join us. Alternatively sign both up!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here