Brighton & Hove Albion sign Sheffield United winger Jamie Murphy on a four-yeat deal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Aww little old Brighton stealing mighty sheffield united's best players.. Don't get me wrong we know what it's like losing players to higher teams when players hand in transfer requests ect but the attitude of some on that forum is mad.. self righteous idiots have been in league one for however long yet they appear to think we are some tinpot little team.

Well **** you sheffield united, your city is shit, you live in the grim northern doldrums and your wife is your sister.. Oh and thanks for Murphy :thumbsup:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Aww little old Brighton stealing mighty sheffield united's best players.. Don't get me wrong we know what it's like losing players to higher teams when players hand in transfer requests ect but the attitude of some on that forum is mad.. self righteous idiots have been in league one for however long yet they appear to think we are some tinpot little team.

Well **** you sheffield united, your city is shit, you live in the grim northern doldrums and your wife is your sister.. Oh and thanks for Murphy :thumbsup:
Most of the posts on that forum are very reasonable. No insults and barring slight delusion about their clubs status (we all do that!) they are realistic about him leaving.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

Bit harsh Wizard? The Blades are ok. Very big club for that league. Should be in the Championship at least, well supported and a rich history. It's no surprise when a club takes one of their better players they ask the question of how a perceived smaller club can achieve that. We would act the same way even if the club who took a player from us was a similar size!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Most of the posts on that forum are very reasonable. No insults and barring slight delusion about their clubs status (we all do that!) they are realistic about him leaving.
In the other thread someone posted earlier there were things like:

'Hold to ransom by Brighton.. BRIGHTON'
'Terrible squad/Relegation fodder'
'Backwards step'
'Why the hell would he want to move to Brighton'

Much more that just gives you a general feel

^^Maybe a little harsh yes, I grant you they are a big side for league one but that means nothing in reality

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I thought they were pretty clued-up actually. Most accept that Murphy should be playing in the Championship and one says that Hughton is a good manager of a well-funded club, so Murphy has made a good choice

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I feel some sympathy for their fans. Especially after their opening day disaster at Gillingham. But at same time love the fact that Adkins is selling to us.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

'Backwards step'
'Why the hell would he want to move to Brighton'

Much more that just gives you a general feel

^^Maybe a little harsh yes, I grant you they are a big side for league one but that means nothing in reality
Yes, there were idiotic posts but even they weren't all that terrible. The vast majority are simply annoyed at their board and possibly Adkins. They haven't played us since the Amex, I'm guessing that if they had, the majority would hold us in more respect. That forum is MILES better than the Wednesday lololol forum.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

'Backwards step'

To be fair most of our fans echoed that sentiment a month ago!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Comparing the reaction to Sheff Utd fans comments towards us, with some of the comments from our fans regarding Dunk. We can't understand why Dunk would want to move to a club that only recently ended a stint in the Premier League, financed by parachute payments, recent run in Europe and most importantly, better wage. Sheff Utd fans can't understand why Murphy would want to come here with out facilities, higher division and doubt better wage.

Look at the 'dunk refusing to play thread' for some angry comments at the idea, and compare to Hugo Rune's comment "That's how you do it Marshall! Go on strike if you have to - no shame in that; just get the move down south done asap!"

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Comparing the reaction to Sheff Utd fans comments towards us, with some of the comments from our fans regarding Dunk. We can't understand why Dunk would want to move to a club that only recently ended a stint in the Premier League, financed by parachute payments, recent run in Europe and most importantly, better wage. Sheff Utd fans can't understand why Murphy would want to come here with out facilities, higher division and doubt better wage.

Look at the 'dunk refusing to play thread' for some angry comments at the idea, and compare to Hugo Rune's comment "That's how you do it Marshall! Go on strike if you have to - no shame in that; just get the move down south done asap!"

Can't argue with that. Annoyingly.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
'£1m Bid hahahahahhaha treble it and it might be worth a consideration for a split second, think this is a bit of creative journalism. Why would anyone want to go to Brighton as well ? A serious bid from one of the higher placed Championship clubs would though show us just how serious the board are about getting out of league one. We have no need to sell and Murphy has just extended his contract ................ mind you we had no reason to sell Maguire :eek: Having said that I think there is more chance of us starting the 16-17 season in the championship than Brighton, I think it would be a backwards step for Murphy to go there.'

'He shat himself going this far from Scotbland ,no way he will go that far.'

'He's settled in the area. Why would he want to uproot his family, with a very young baby and be even further from their family in Scotland'

'It's quite simple, Murph and his very young family will not want to move to Brighton. They'd be so far away fr their support unit of family it just wouldn't work, that and that fact he doesn't want tho leave'

CMYtlq9WoAAarl3.jpg

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Very pleased with this top quality player with Champions league and Europa Cup experience scores goals and still only 25 what's not like

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports