Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion - a most remarkable football club

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Our squad is dreadful - filled with very ordinary lower champ/ lge1 players- COG, cms, jfc, Baldrick, colunga, chicksen etc etc

Jake is 20. Just because it's fashionable, it does not mean you have to jump on the bandwagon. What next? "Oh it's all Solly's fault because he hasn't contributed anything this season"
It was exactly that sort of attitude that hurried Ashley Barnes out of the door and onto bigger, better things.
How about **** off blaming kids like Jake and Chicksen and have a go at the older heads who should be pulling their weight?
I may be being a little unfair laying into you as it's exactly the same attitude as 50% of those on here, but there you go.

To say that Colunga is a lower Championship/League 1 player makes you look clueless. Baldock is better than that too.
So, in summary, I'll give you two out of six. Pretty poor. How you left out Gary Gardner...

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Jake is 20. Just because it's fashionable, it does not mean you have to jump on the bandwagon. What next? "Oh it's all Solly's fault because he hasn't contributed anything this season"
It was exactly that sort of attitude that hurried Ashley Barnes out of the door and onto bigger, better things.
How about **** off blaming kids like Jake and Chicksen and have a go at the older heads who should be pulling their weight?
I may be being a little unfair laying into you as it's exactly the same attitude as 50% of those on here, but there you go.

To say that Colunga is a lower Championship/League 1 player makes you look clueless. Baldock is better than that too.
So, in summary, I'll give you two out of six. Pretty poor. How you left out Gary Gardner...

You actually believe Barnes left because a few fans grumbled at him on match days? :facepalm:

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I seriously hope all the whinging twats who do nothing but moan about this that and the other and aren't renewing their season tickets Fock off this board as well. I'm sick of hearing it. Sack the manager is one thing but Jesus what a bunch of quims there are on here.
' oh it's all gone corporate and it's not the same as sitting in the pissing rain at Withdean with no licence to sell beer and facilities that were so good we couldn't even sell out when we were getting close to promotion from League 1.

If you're going to Fock off do it quick please.

Well played.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
What do you mean 'good for me' ? Happy for me ? Why ? Because I've seen this so many times over the last 40 odd years but never heard bitching like this whilst in the Championship. I don't like the results any more than anyone else but as least break it down into its constituent parts rather than moaning about the whole experience..................

"Just because we're losing"

Your opinion about the constituent parts. And I will feel free to disagree with you.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Your opinion about the constituent parts. And I will feel free to disagree with you.[/QUOTE)

Ok let's leave it. You're missing my point. It's the people who moan about EVERYTHING.

You renewing ?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
You actually believe Barnes left because a few fans grumbled at him on match days? :facepalm:

Grumbled. Ha. Nice twist.
He left to join a better club, but he would likely have signed a new deal and got us a lot more money for the transfer, had our fanbase not been 75% chimpanzee.

Addiseagull

Nov 30, 2005
Despite all the bickering and in-fighting going on right now, I'd hope there is one thing that we can all agree on: Brighton & Hove Albion is a pretty remarkable football club.

Our back story is pretty much unrivalled in British football, and almost certainly beyond these shores as well. The demise of the Goldstone, the triumph at Edgar Street, the Gillingham exile, the return to Brighton, the almost endless campaigning which finally resulted in the Temple of Bloom, the fairytale opening day comeback to beat Doncaster and the oh-so-close attempts to reach the promised land of the Premier League. Remarkable, truly remarkable.

Is another chapter of remarkable-ness being written right now? When almost every other football club would have parted ways with Sami Hyypia by now, the Albion seem to be standing firm. Showing loyalty in the face of adversity, considerable fan pressure and giving him every chance possible to turn it round. It would be one hell of a comeback if Hyypia did manage to drag us out of this most boggy mire.

(Looking forward to the insta-replies suggesting that Paul Barber has paid me to write this)

But are Bloom and Barber standing by him? If so why don't they come out in support of him to put all the rumours to bed. Terrible leadership from them both.

South Stand Rebel

Sep 6, 2012
As I see it, the footballing side of the club should be down to the manager and coaching staff. After all, it is the responsibility of the manager to get the team to play a certain way successfully. If the manager doesn't get to find the players he wants for his system, he cannot be held entirely responsible for what happens on the pitch. The current set up at the Albion is ineffective and self-destructive. We are in freefall at the moment, and the only way to reverse that is by bringing in a manager with a strong character like Pulis or Coppell, and letting them bring their own coaching staff, and not have to follow any directives from above, apart from the chairman who gives the thumbs up or down to any potential acquisitions.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Despite all the bickering and in-fighting going on right now, I'd hope there is one thing that we can all agree on: Brighton & Hove Albion is a pretty remarkable football club.

Our back story is pretty much unrivalled in British football, and almost certainly beyond these shores as well. The demise of the Goldstone, the triumph at Edgar Street, the Gillingham exile, the return to Brighton, the almost endless campaigning which finally resulted in the Temple of Bloom, the fairytale opening day comeback to beat Doncaster and the oh-so-close attempts to reach the promised land of the Premier League. Remarkable, truly remarkable.

Is another chapter of remarkable-ness being written right now? When almost every other football club would have parted ways with Sami Hyypia by now, the Albion seem to be standing firm. Showing loyalty in the face of adversity, considerable fan pressure and giving him every chance possible to turn it round. It would be one hell of a comeback if Hyypia did manage to drag us out of this most boggy mire.

(Looking forward to the insta-replies suggesting that Paul Barber has paid me to write this)

I don't post an awful lot as I don't want to get sucked in to the general negativity that frequents this forum. However I fully agree with the above. I felt despondent and despairing last Friday. Both at what was on the pitch and what was happening on the terraces. I think regardless of what we think of Sami (I'm not a fan!) we still need to support the team on match days and not focus on SH's failings. I will continue to support them even if I don't agree with what's happening. One last thing I cannot believe 'fans' are questioning Bloom, after all he has done for this club, without him we would not have had the dramatic and euphoric early years at the Amex. Ride the storm and we will be back I'm sure.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Grumbled. Ha. Nice twist.
He left to join a better club, but he would likely have signed a new deal and got us a lot more money for the transfer, had our fanbase not been 75% chimpanzee.
Barnes would of stayed if we had offered him a two or three year deal and I'm sure he would of signed despite the locals getting on his case. Another mistake by the club but all water under the bridge now I guess.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Barnes would of stayed if we had offered him a two or three year deal and I'm sure he would of signed despite the locals getting on his case. Another mistake by the club but all water under the bridge now I guess.

We offered him a two year deal and, we're told, he wouldn't sign it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here