Brighton Hotel and Parking

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I am bringing the better half along to the Yeovil game and we're making a weekend of it. I've found a good deal on the Royal Albion Hotel on the seafront (I understand it's a bit dated but it's dirt cheap), however they are quoting parking for £15 a day which is a bit pricey, does anyone know of any cheaper places to park by the hotel or any reasonably priced hotels that do on-site parking free or a smaller charge??

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
£15 for 24 hours parking in central Brighton, expensive :ohmy:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
A friend of mine stayed at the Royal Albion and they double booked a load of people so they put him up at the Jury's Inn with two free bottles of sparkling wine and refunded him half the room cost. He was laughing, as you can imagine.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Well done on getting the hotel cheap, I can never find one for matchday weekends.
Sorry can't help with the parking

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I am bringing the better half along to the Yeovil game and we're making a weekend of it. I've found a good deal on the Royal Albion Hotel on the seafront (I understand it's a bit dated but it's dirt cheap), however they are quoting parking for £15 a day which is a bit pricey, does anyone know of any cheaper places to park by the hotel or any reasonably priced hotels that do on-site parking free or a smaller charge??

Pretty sure The Royal Albion hotel was shown briefly on watchdog the other week, there is a reason for it being "dirt" cheap, it was not shown to be in the best state of repair or particularly clean. Good luck with that and the parking (which doesn't sound too bad for city centre bearing in mind NCP are charging £5 an hour!) :thumbsup:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
car-in-sea-1.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
£15 is a very good deal. I think the NCPs are £25 for 24 hours at the weekend. And you will struggle to find any street parking round there which is not more expensive of permitted.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Travel Lodge by Preston Park had a good deal on accomodation and parking last time I was down

(TL @ Hickstead £59.95 incl free parking)

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
£15 for a whole days parking in Brighton, and you consider that expensive ??
If you find anywhere in Brighton cheaper than that, I will be STAGGERED.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the only place i can think of is London Road car park, which used to be free on sundays and cheaper than all the others rest of the time (40p/hr??). I'd take the £15 offer, as i have done when staying there (i found it ok btw, few years ago though).

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
£15 for a whole days parking in Brighton, and you consider that expensive ??
If you find anywhere in Brighton cheaper than that, I will be STAGGERED.

It is compared to Lyme.

:nono:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If price is your main concern then the TravelLodge as severnside says would have been your best bet. If there's no free on-site parking at the hotel itself you can park the other side of Preston Park for nothing.

However as you're at the Albion as others have said £15 per day for parking is NOT expensive. Welcome to Brighton. (To put it in perspective if four of you went by bus from the centre of Brighton to the outskirts and back it would cost you that in bus fares. Brighton's not cheap.)

Cromwell Road Gull

Jul 2, 2008
Why not park up in Hove on way in, cab it to hotel - you prob wont use car until you leave will you.

Assuming you will walk around City centre and get train to withdean. Then cab it back to car on way home. - prob cost you £6 per cab ride at most.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Why not park up in Hove on way in, cab it to hotel - you prob wont use car until you leave will you.

Assuming you will walk around City centre and get train to withdean. Then cab it back to car on way home. - prob cost you £6 per cab ride at most.

Sounds like a plan, how much will it cost me to park in Hove?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
How much does the car park east of Brighton Station cost in front of New England/Fleet Street. I'm pretty sure that's cheap.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Leave you car up near Withdean. Get the bus to the hotel, then use your match ticket on Saturday to get the bust to the game. :thumbsup:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Seriously.......just pay the £15 you will find it alot easier and last thing you want is cabs / buses here and there, you willprobably end up paying more anyway!!!

I have stayed in hotels in Brighton many many times (The Royal Albion included) and £15 is a good deal :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports