[Albion] Brighton & Hibs Albion

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Not sure if this is the thinking behind this partnership but read an article saying with the change in overseas youth recruitment due to Brexit that Scottish youth football was likely to be plundered by EFL/EPL teams looking for new talent.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Excellent stuff. The 3rd placed side in Scotland this season.

Hopefully a friendly in Edinburgh this summer then ? It was hinted our winter camp would be in Scotland.

A perfect loan destination for Connolly, also maybe Østigård and others.

This confirmation has made my day :rock:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Excellent stuff. The 3rd placed side in Scotland this season.

Hopefully a friendly in Edinburgh this summer then ? It was hinted our winter camp would be in Scotland.

A perfect loan destination for Connolly, also maybe Østigård and others.

This confirmation has made my day :rock:

Why would you send Östigård to a worse league when he did well in the Championship?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why would you send Östigård to a worse league when he did well in the Championship?
To broaden his experience. European football next season if they win the Cup final on Saturday. It could be a positive loan. Maybe wrong of course.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To broaden his experience. European football next season if they win the Cup final on Saturday. It could be a positive loan. Maybe wrong of course.
Not bad thinking re: European football. TBH though, I think Ostigard may be up to playing in the PL next season - if we can find room for him! He has ambitions though - maybe the lure of European football would be enough for him to stay with us on loan until the 2022-23 season, by which time we might have sold a defender whose place he can take.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

If they survive the qualifiying rounds yes.

Still dont think those six games would be more valuable than playing in the Championship or another of the 30 or so leagues that are better than the SPL.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
If they survive the qualifiying rounds yes.

Still dont think those six games would be more valuable than playing in the Championship or another of the 30 or so leagues that are better than the SPL.

you including the league of Wales?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
My god I’d love the SPL to become competitive with Hibs smashing the old firm, powered by the likes of Connolly, Molumby, Khadra & Østigård.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
To be serious, its great for the club. Now there's three obvious options to send loan players:

- Championship for those ready to compete at a high level while also learning English football.

- Belgium for those ready to compete at a high level but are either not physically ready for Championship football, or would benefit from a stay abroad.

- Hibernian for those you dont really know what to do with and just want to ship somewhere

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here