Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Half-marathon..anyone else doing it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good 10k races coming up are :

Arundel park(very tough but good)
bluebell 10k angmering

Definately recommend Bognor prom.Very well supported race.

I do most of the local 10ks and they are all good fun.

To save me doing a number of searches have you got any dates for these?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Arundel park is 6th April.

Other good ones later in the year are Worthing 10k,Chichester,Brighton,Littlehampton.

All worth doing!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I have taken the recommendation and my first run is now Arundel Park!

Just a note to say this is a TOUGH race which has a couple of nasty hills.A very nice 2k downhill run in through the castle grounds though.Also the best memento i have received for finishing a race last year.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Just a note to say this is a TOUGH race which has a couple of nasty hills.A very nice 2k downhill run in through the castle grounds though.Also the best memento i have received for finishing a race last year.

I thought it might be tough but the rest of my family still live in Arundel so I am doing it for sentimental reasons! I will just have to work hard between now and April, luckily there are plenty of hills here for me to practice on.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have just entered the Arundel Park 10k as well.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
If you're watching, or running, in the half marathon tomorrow then look out for Alex in his black Nike tope with his name and a red 83 & skull.

I'll give you a 'comfort report' on it after the event. Cold day, will it prevent jogger's nipple?

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
! hour 35 is an impressive target. Good luck. Let the board know how you get on.

I used one of those online race predictors using my 10 mile time but to be honest it might only be an extra 3 miles more than what i've done before, but I know already that its gonna hurt! On the plus side the weather looks good for the day. :thumbsup:

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Subject to confirmation, I think I done it in 1:36 ish.

I'm completly ruined now. I ran out of steam with 2 miles to go and virtually crawled home.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Subject to confirmation I did 94 mins (1:34). Likewise I was clinging on at the end, the last bit where you run up above the cliff before the slop down to the undercliff was tough. But, it is a new personal best so I'm pleased.

Thankfully the missus was at the finish line and whisked me off to a cafe for scrambled eggs, toast and tea. Feeling a lot better now.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
Some good times there.

On my running watch my time is 1:26 and 40 secs which I'm happy with as a first effort. Conditions were excellent overall. Agree about the final few miles, although I was determined not to slow down! Thought I was in trouble after about 4 miles as I seemed to be exhausted but I took the foot off the gas and was fine up until the end.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nice one! In touching distance of the 1:30 mark....

I started way too fast and paid for it at the end. When i got to the bottom of the marina slope, just when I wanted a last 10min effort - I had absolutley nothing left.

If the link below works, it gives the story of my run. You can see whereabouts I shot my bolt.

http://nikeplus.nike.com/nikeplus/?l=runners,runs,82478340,runID,618860158

The link works, I imagine my profile is very similar. I'll have to look into a Nike+ thingy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Some good times there.

On my running watch my time is 1:26 and 40 secs which I'm happy with as a first effort. Conditions were excellent overall. Agree about the final few miles, although I was determined not to slow down! Thought I was in trouble after about 4 miles as I seemed to be exhausted but I took the foot off the gas and was fine up until the end.

That's a great time. Congratulations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here