Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton fans taking selfies with Conte after the game

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Remove their season tickets! And when posing with Conte they should have asked about his ' thatch job '! before-after.jpg
Conte-2-1.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh just let them do it l say, did it really affect you that much? It isn't my thing either, but we are all different.

Yes. It embarrasses me to see a chunk of our fanbase openly fawning over the opposition.

And it physically obstructed me on my way to the bar. And that is NEVER a good thing.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I literally couldn't care less. Conte is a world famous manager whether you support Spurs or not. If selfies with celebs are your thing, go for it

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I pay for 2 bloody expensive tickets plus parking, lose some of my voice supporting my team and get bloody little back in return. I left on the 88th minute with no signs of life from my team. I think that was a fair lifestyle choice to make and resent being badly compared to a few tourists who want a selfie with the opposition manager. This is the first season I have ever left a few games before the whistle and it's not for others to judge the many reasons why some fans want or need to get out before the rush. The football has been nothing to write home about lately, many have long journeys home, it was a midweek match with next day commitments to meet and a lot of fans, myself included, still take Covid seriously enough to want to escape without so many fans around them. If people want or need to bugger off early, don't judge them. Live and let live.

No, absolutely fair comment. I've ranted against Early Leavers in the past, but that was against people who would 'disrespectfully' leave early if we'd played well and won comfortably, or incredibly would leave if the result of the game was still in the balance. And all for the sake of an easier journey home or because they didn't want to miss 'Strictly'. However these are different times, and leaving early is a time-honoured way to show your disapproval of yet another poor performance - especially when you know there isn't a cat in hell's chance of even a consolation goal. Put yourself out of your misery.

Still got no objection to kids asking for selfies though! As has been said it's only the modern equivalent of hanging around the players' entrance with an autograph book.

EDIT: And the current shit transport links are another valid reason. Especially for evening games.

el punal

Better fans than the 70% who buggered off early.

I’ll let my daughter and grandson know that. They paid £104 for tickets for last night’s rearranged fixture as it’s not covered in their half season ticket matches. They came down from London, had to endure the incredible service provided by Southern of interminable delays and cock-ups. They left with about 5 minutes of the match remaining. Why? My grandson is 13 and last night was a “school night”, my daughter had to attend a conference this morning. They chose to leave early because they could not rely on Southern to provide a decent service to ensure that they got home at a reasonable time.

None of it was anything to do with the quality (or lack of it) of our performance but was all about logistics - getting from A to B in a decent manner and acceptable time. I would say that your accusation is hardly fair in the circumstances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here