Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton fans -Have we lost some Perspective? Good things to say about Brighton please!

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Strange characterisation of people who have positive things to say about Brighton - are you saying that celebrating what we are doing well means we have no aspirations to go further nor want our team to improve? That saying positive things about the Club is not a reflection of how things are now? ffs It is not all negative you know, read the thread, there are lots of good things happening, not least with the youngsters we have developing.

To suggest people who post positive stuff about the Club are not looking to the future, couldn’t be further from the truth. I have made many criticisms about the line ups, our performances, even the system RDZ uses but I also think it is important also to air what we are doing well to maintain a perspective and , no, that is not a retrospective exercise at all. We can be positive without always harping back to the ‘I knew us when we were nothing’ days - No one here is suggesting because we came from where we did that we should rest on our laurels and not complain or vent if we play badly and no one is saying they would be happy if we didn’t qualify for Europe ever again or not finish higher than 10 - of course not.

This thread is simply an opportunity to make some positive comments as a countering balance to the many threads presenting a negative response to the Club/Coach/squad that we have seen so much of lately.

It is telling that some fans are finding that just posting something positive would be such a hard thing to do or taking umbrage with a thread even asking for positive comments about Brighton - who’d have thought it? Must be supporters of another Club that are complaining.😂
I’m not sure how you’ve got four paragraphs out of that, but it’s safe to say you’ve misinterpreted everything I’ve said.

Either way, two things can be true. People can simultaneously want things to be better and appreciate where we’ve come from.

Just because they moan on a football forum after a loss doesn’t mean they don’t appreciate what we’ve become and where we’ve come from.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Of all the banal and frankly pointless threads on NSC and you pick a thread for positive feedback about where we are as a team to say ‘it doesn’t need to be there’ 😳. This is the counterbalance that I felt I needed after me feeling brought down by the level of negativity since January - I know others were feeling the same at the time which is why I started this thread.

However, it does not imply the majority of other stuff being posted in the Albion forum is all negative at all or even when it is, unjustified at times. I’ve shared many of those concerns ( which is why I asked if ‘we’ are losing perspective?) You are reading a critical meaning into it which simply isn’t there and yes, positive and negative threads will ‘come and go’ as this one will because the context has changed and there are less negative threads being started now than when there were a few months ago..

Thank you everyone for posting some great and uplifting comments - I for one have found it really uplifting - it provided some much needed balance imo - I was beginning to think fans on NSC had lost faith in where we are going and how we are getting there because sometimes positive things often remain unsaid- it is much easier IMO to criticise and complain about things..

Im not going to defend the thread further or apologise for starting it as it has run its course and served purpose afaic.
God, you’ve done it again.

I suggest you work on your basic comprehension and acceptance that other people will offer viewpoints on your threads, if indeed you start anymore going forward, before you decide to open a new one. This hasn’t reflected well on you.

• Haha
Reactions: cjd

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I was talking to another fan of long standing yesterday and we agreed that we felt blessed to have lived long enough to see the club where it is now. We are on course for one of the three best finishes in our history, possibly even the second-best, and there is an outside chance (but no more than that, looking at the fixture list) of qualifying for Europe for the second successive season. That is just incredible, people!
This.

I wish my Dad were alive still to see it. An absolute stalwart STH from the time we moved to Brighton in 1967 - never missed a home game and made most away games before he died of cancer just after we got the permission through for Falmer - he never saw the stadium built but he is the reason I became a fan over half a century ago (Ugh!,) - I am just staggered that we are competing on the heels of huge Clubs whose annual turnover and stadium sizes dwarfs us.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
You’ve misinterpreted the point of the whole thread and all my posts on it

Just point to anywhere where I have said that or those pointing out positive things means we ‘don’t want to things to get better’?!

Thanks for the really patronising post - I don’t have a problem with anyone starting threads on any subject they like on NSC - the issue seems to be with you and a minority of others having a problem that I dared start this one asking for some positive comments about Brighton because I felt demoralised about the number of negative threads and attacks on our coach/owner/squad that had been going on for months (a significant number of which incidentally, were based largely on hearsay and/or impatience or just a lack of understanding about our development strategies)..

Not one person who has commented here in the spirit the thread intended has criticised anyone for post match rants or said they are ‘not real fans’ or ‘don’t appreciate where we have come from’ - We are all fans ffs and most of us understand the issues we face as a team and the football we play.

I certainly have not tried to silence criticism of the Club nor am I stuck in the past satisfied with poor performances or when our system isn’t working. I have expressed those concerns and criticisms on many other threads and also have had some post-match rants of my own - I was implying in the context of many negative threads in January and February that we maybe we need to get back some perspective and not forget how well we are doing overall - as RDZ and PB have frequently alluded to, if not said directly.

Seriously, there are really only 3 things to do here - post positive comments about the team or post negative ones or ignore the thread - it is up to you. Making personal remarks against me is NOT an option and is playing the poster not the post.
No, I haven’t. I read it and offered a balanced bit of feedback to the thread about where I feel we are as a fan base, both on NSC and outside.

You’ve proceeded to come back with an absolute ton of nonsense, not just to myself but to others as well, misrepresenting what I said by picking out one line and not taking it in the context of everything else in my comment, and you’ve been called out on this nonsense.

If you’re going to act like this, I suggest you don’t start threads on here again.

But either way, I won’t be responding anymore. I wish you a lovely rest of your day and a happy weekend.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
If you’re going to act like this, I suggest you don’t start threads on here again.
More personal attacks?

It certainly isn’t for you to decide who can or can’t start threads. You and only one or two other people have had a problem with this, everyone else has either not posted or posted reasons to be happy about how we are progressing as a Club..
No, I haven’t. I read it and offered a balanced bit of feedback to the thread about where I feel we are as a fan base, both on NSC and outside.
That is a misinterpretation- read the OP again - I wasn’t asking for a balanced debate or negative input about the club, that was the whole point! The accusation that I am ‘crushing‘ debate or accusing fans of not supporting the Club because I started a thread for positive feedback is ridiculous - it is even more ridiculous to try and polarise a very innocuous thread into a divisive argument..
But either way, I won’t be responding anymore. I wish you a lovely rest of your day and a happy weekend.
Thank goodness for that. You could have saved us all a lot of trouble, unpleasant exchanges and ignored the thread in the first place if you didn’t like the OP or disagreed with it’s invitation for people to offer positive feedback or just said you didn’t feel you had lost perspective because of a, b, or c, - there was a/ no need to launch an attack against the thread or b/ attack me personally - that is what I had an issue with. 👍

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
More personal attacks?

It certainly isn’t for you to decide who can or can’t start threads. You and only one or two other people have had a problem with this, everyone else has either not posted or posted reasons to be happy about how we are progressing as a Club..

That is a misinterpretation- read the OP again - I wasn’t asking for a balanced debate or negative input about the club, that was the whole point! The accusation that I am ‘crushing‘ debate or accusing fans of not supporting the Club because I started a thread for positive feedback is ridiculous - it is even more ridiculous to try and polarise a very innocuous thread into a divisive argument..

Thank goodness for that. You could have saved us all a lot of trouble, unpleasant exchanges and ignored the thread in the first place if you didn’t like the OP or disagreed with it’s invitation for people to offer positive feedback or just said you didn’t feel you had lost perspective because of a, b, or c, - there was a/ no need to launch an attack against the thread or b/ attack me personally - that is what I had an issue with. 👍
Whatever made you think you could start a thread that would stay on track with the original intention ? Very naive :laugh:

• Haha

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Nothing is being rammed anywhere .....

You’ve proceeded to come back with an absolute ton of nonsense, not just to myself but to others as well, misrepresenting what I said by picking out one line and not taking it in the context of everything else in my comment, and you’ve been called out on this nonsense.

I'm one of the lucky ones who he has on ignore so he doesn't see my replies....and hence less 1000 words responses..! An absolute joy...Ha ha. !

Unfortunately, he has a few sycophants on here who just encourage his "soapbox ...hey look at me ." If they had any sense at all, they would realise that there are serious mental health issues at play here and not respond. Anyone with as much verbal diarrhea as himself should really be flagged and requested to post significantly less for his own good.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Whatever made you think you could start a thread that would stay on track with the original intention ? Very naive :laugh:
Ha very true - 😂. It’s the personal attacks I take issue with - there is no need for it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm one of the lucky ones who he has on ignore so he doesn't see my replies....and hence less 1000 words responses..! An absolute joy...Ha ha. !

Unfortunately, he has a few sycophants on here who just encourage his "soapbox ...hey look at me ." If they had any sense at all, they would realise that there are serious mental health issues at play here and not respond. Anyone with as much verbal diarrhea as himself should really be flagged and requested to post significantly less for his own good.
But he will do when other people reply. Which they do.

Ever considered that you're hounding and bullying him vicariously with your relentless posts about him?

He's one of my favourite posters. But I'm not a 'sycophant'. I'll call anyone out, even pals I've known for 20 plus years on here, if I disagree with them. Even your target himself.

There are no serious mental health issues here, other than the sort that I have.

You are doubtless unaware that you are causing someone great distress, so I ask you, please desist.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
But he will do when other people reply. Which they do.

Ever considered that you're hounding and bullying him vicariously with your relentless posts about him?
I'm on his ignore list Harry, so you don't need to worry about what i'm saying and most think.

You are clearly academically brilliant,and highly amusing too, which I like very much. Great poster. Common sense..? ...meh...maybe not quite so much , but I still like you...!

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017

That's really uncalled for. You have no idea if someone has mental health issues or not & if you are convinced that they do then it's perhaps best not to write something like that to them. Just bear in mind you have no idea what's happening in peoples lives before you write responses like that, If you don't like a post just scroll past.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
That's really uncalled for. You have no idea if someone has mental health issues or not & if you are convinced that they do then it's perhaps best not to write something like that to them. Just bear in mind you have no idea what's happening in peoples lives before you write responses like that, If you don't like a post just scroll past.
I refer you to my answer to HWT

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm on his ignore list Harry, so you don't need to worry about what i'm saying and most think.

You are clearly academically brilliant,and highly amusing too, which I like very much. Great poster. Common sense..? ...meh...maybe not quite so much .
He can see your posts when others reply.

You don't know anything about him. I am certainly not going into details here but there are good reasons why I am asking you to ignore his posts if you don't like them, rather than keep commenting about them and trying to whip up a fan club for your position.

Consider it a favour that would be greatly appreciated. And a favour that will cost you nothing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Quite.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Blimey Harry, he has put his sorrowful life story on here on an almost daily basis.....lol.
I'm not talking about a sorrowful life story.

OK I gave you a chance. I invited you to think but you obviously don't know enough about people or life to do the maths. Do you really think I'd ask you to desist over a sorrowful life? Do you really think I'm a Salvation Army prayer leader?

I'm not putting you on ignore though.

I expect you to entertain me with your insights and opinions. And I will judge your efforts. As you judge Z.

Good luck!

:lolol:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I'm not talking about a sorrowful life story.

OK I gave you a chance. I invited you to think but you obviously don't know enough about people or life to do the maths. Do you really think I'd ask you to desist over a sorrowful life? Do you really think I'm a Salvation Army prayer leader?

I'm not putting you on ignore though.

I expect you to entertain me with your insights and opinions. And I will judge your efforts. As you judge Z.

Good luck!

:lolol:
How kind of you to pen such a thoughtful ( albeit incorrect, in IMHO ) reply.

I will do my best to entertain you but leave you with a thought.....who is the greater culprit here...? The one who in the past has basically said.."FFS, give it a break for your own sanity, please", or those who carry on giving thumbs up, congratulating, and leading the poor sod on believing he is doing a great service, only one day to have to face the crushing truth..?

Has it ever occurred to you why someone who only joined this forum 18 months or so ago , has maybe only just discovered his abililty to write reams and reams of relentless "stuff".....or do you just maybe...maybe....think he was on other forums where his was eventually asked to vacate ? Or do you think his plethora of posts and length of them is a new phenomena on here ...?

Please insult me as much as you wish. Unlike some, I know when to walk away for a breather...ha ha.

Have a great weekend Harry....and for me, a relaxing one without the stress of worrying about my Albion. x

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How kind of you to pen such a thoughtful ( albeit incorrect, in IMHO ) reply.

I will do my best to entertain you but leave you with a thought.....who is the greater culprit here...? The one who in the past has basically said.."FFS, give it a break for your own sanity, please", or those who carry on giving thumbs up, congratulating, and leading the poor sod on believing he is doing a great service, only one day to have to face the crushing truth..?

Has it ever occurred to you why someone who only joined this forum 18 months or so ago , has maybe only just discovered his abililty to write reams and reams of relentless "stuff".....or do you just maybe...maybe....think he was on other forums where his was eventually asked to vacate ? Or do you think his plethora of posts and length of them is a new phenomena on here ...?

Please insult me as much as you wish. Unlike some, I know when to walk away for a breather...ha ha.

Have a great weekend Harry....and for me, a relaxing one without the stress of worrying about my Albion. x
I don't feel like insulting you. I have always enjoyed many of your posts. And I don't have the perseverance to be a dick. So my threat was idle.

Have a nice weekend yourself.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
More personal attacks?

I honestly don’t get how you continue to write so much misguided waffle, let alone in such long form. And all from you misinterpreting a post I wrote. It must be genuinely exhausting being you.

As for the personal attacks, they were started by you.

Nonetheless, I hope you have a lovely weekend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here