Brighton fan banned by Perry

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
This has f*** all to do with asylum seekers, class, or left or rightism. So lets not lead this into martyrdom, because it has no damn place there.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Brighton fan banned by Perry

Rowdey said:
And you are outraged about a reaction to something that you freely admit to having no knowledge of.. ???

oh dear..

Don't patronise me. I happen to think that unless you've committed an offence that banning people is wrong. Perry is not a life long fan of this club (unlike DK) and on the few times Ive met him has little understanding of football culture (and no, that is not an euphemism for football violence). Dishing out bans to whoever he feels is not putting the right image of the club over IMO is wrong, unless he was specifically advocating violence which he told me he wasn't.

Last edited:

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
And Fridgeman, Meades Ball is spot on you twat. I stiil remeber your racist posts on the racism thread, just to the right of the BNP wasn't it?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Totally agree with Meade's. Fridgeman's post is so full of shit you could call it Portsmouth.

Whinging about Perry even though nobody seems to know exactly why this bloke has been banned?? And as for the upper classes, WTF are you talking about. Football crowds have doubled in the last 15 years - of course it has it's downside but I think that rules out the "upper class" theory. Football is THE national game and doesn't belong to any class.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Again it's all about Falmer. We cannot be seen to be giving the NIMBY'S any ammunition and have to be seen to be tough on ANY KIND of hooligan related actvity.

Whether it's standing on a seat or spouting off in a national mag, if you get banned for behaviour that could jeopardise Falmer - even if it is a bit OTT - frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Agree with Hannibal Smith,

any dickhead that through their actions (physical or in print) causes me to get treated like a f***ing animal 'cause i go to football matches and stops me going to see my national team - like saturday - deserves to be banned from every ground in the country.

and Fridge Man, are you ever going to grow up and act like an adult ?

and relax ...........................................

Yes, this fellow has apparently given positive interest and some sort of credit and credibility to football hooliganism.

Banned ? So what's his complaint ?

If he advertised support for yob neanderthals at football games, then I don't see why he should get support from us.

Hooligans are basically on a par with NF Nazis, and the more they are likewise villified by society and outlawed, the better it is for the sport.

Lush is probably right. There are times when gestures like this serve the bigger cause. Having sat through the Public Inquiry, it is certainly the case that the Club is having to give an account of what it is doing about "trouble makers".

It might be worth waiting until after the Inquiry ends in a couple of weeks and putting in an appeal.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Brighton fan banned by Perry

Southy said:
. Perry is not a life long fan of this club (unlike DK)

Not getting involved in this debate at all but would like to correct this mistaken belief.

the fanzine "Keep the Faith" carried an interview with him a couple of seasons ago when he stated how long he'd been a supporter.

Perry actually originated from this area and used to go on the terraces at the Goldstone. He has always been an Albion fan - even when working on the McAlpine stadium for Huddersfield.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Re: Re: Re: Brighton fan banned by Perry

Southy said:
Don't patronise me. I happen to think that unless you've committed an offence that banning people is wrong. Perry is not a life long fan of this club (unlike DK) and on the few times Ive met him has little understanding of football culture (and no, that is not an euphemism for football violence). Dishing out bans to whoever he feels is not putting the right image of the club over IMO is wrong, unless he was specifically advocating violence which he told me he wasn't.

Mate, I was patronising towards you.
IMO if your going to <in effect> openly ask the 'floor/pub' for <our> thoughts and opinion's, then you've at least got to set it off against a stable one yourself.....IMO your defence of said mate is flawed because you haven't even read the book....<nor have I, but I am listening...>

Anyway that said, I think your thread on Derren Brown was quite interesting..(couldn't bring myself to watching it, due to not being gripped by prolonged pauses ala 'Who wants to be a millionaire' and what was always going to be what a a programme that centered around 5 'clicks' of a empty gun chamber...)

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
dwayne said:
I stood on the seats about 4-5 times at Plymouth, even slibreaking the back of one of them when we scored...no ban for me??

That's 'cos you're a double hard bastard. No-one's gonna f*** with you are they?

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I just find it sad and pathetic that some people are positively on the lookout for any reason to jump on Perry or Knight and give them grief, even when they don't have the full facts to hand.

FACT: Perry's expertise and hard work has been instrumental in helping the Albion put together a credible application for Falmer.

FACT: Perry is one of the most pleasant and receptive fellas you could meet. I know this from standing next to him and DK and chatting on the terraces at Shrewsbury, from speaking with him during intervals at the Public Enquiry, and through seeing the numerous personal email responses he sends to various questions put to him by fans and friends of mine.

If some dickheads want to dish some dirt on the Albions current Chief Exec, why don't you just stop for a moment and remember the fucker we had in Perrys role previously. Anyone want Bellotti back ?

Thought not. So SHUT IT.

Last edited:

Albion Rob

Not sure journalists should get banned, unless they make stuff up. I remember there was a row with the Argus during the Bellotti era and that looked quite bad on the club IMHO.

As far as fans bringing bad publicity on the club, giving the reporters something to write about, well, that's another matter...

But then again, should Krabappel be banned because of the Butters thing? Probably best if Mr Perry is allowed to use his discretion on each individual case.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I saw it as someone had it at work and there was a 'picture' from the only games in recent years there has been trouble.Aldershot,cardiffand a couple more.it did make us out to have a bad problem which we havn't.

it also had a bit on trouble when we went to play Oxford at the Kassam stadium but i dont think weve ever played there have we?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I have the article in front of me know. Stories are recited and pictures shown but they are written as if it all happened this year. I don't think its bad at all. It talks more about the social effect between hooligans.
I don't agree with banning someone who essentially has done nothing wrong to get banned other than talk to a magazine. How much money has he plunged into the club over the years. I bet it runs into thousands. It's outrageous.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Southy said:
I have just found out that a mate of mine and life long Albion fan who was one of the co-authors of 'A Casual Look' which came out last year has beened banned from attending home games for 2 years because of an interview he gave for FHM last month on casuals. Whatever your views on Football violence, he has never been convicted of any offence, is an excellent photographer and I feel this is totally outrageous. I haven't seen the article, but the comments he made were commenting on casual culture in general and he wasn't advocating violence at Brighton games apparently. Did anyone else see the article and do people feel Perry is totally out of order?

''he has never been convicted of any offence'' ?

Only because he's never been caught. The muppet is involved with football hooligans, He knows who they are so he should take the punishment like a man. We (The albion) don't want people like that at our club.

He should of got a 10 year ban the scum!!

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Southy said:
Yeah he does when he gets a ticket, hes not a season ticket holder. You can buy his book in Borders or Sportspages in London. Apparently its their biggest selling books of the summer. Anyone who hasnt seen it should definitely have a look, its nothing like all those ICF 'we done you at the station in 83' cass pennant bollox. And theres some brilliant pics, away at Palace, '80's and 90's away games.

I've seen the book wouldn't buy it myself, and would say it is utter shit to the other books out there, Its all picture and when you read whats happened the words are 5 times as big as the words that I type now. Shit right up, shit photos, he done it to make money and should be banned for 10 years. Hes a total knob full stop.

Jul 6, 2003
shoreham
seems very fair to me just what we need when we're trying to get falmer.
all the resident's think we are all like that anyway why give them ammo,most of us go for the football.
he glorified the violence and that's got nothing to do with the club or the majority of fans.

The Cat in the Hat

Sep 10, 2003
sherriffbart said:
indefence of Charlie, for a mate of his to get banned, they must have done something very baughty as he is the most likeable bloke you could meet.

LOL

(shame there's no smilies at the moment !!)

;-)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports