Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton disabled children's service to be axed !!

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Bloody Evil Tories blah blah blah yawn. Meanwhile back in the real world something has to be done to get the debt under control. And closing a few tax loopholes ain't gonna do it. Please send all ideas for those easy fluffy cuts that don't personally effect you to HMG.

In the meantime, we see the country's wealth being siphoned upwards, and food banks on the rise.

I'm glad you're alright jack.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We ain't seen nothing yet. Wait for the Autumn Spending Review on 25 November. Further cuts to public spending of between 25 and 40% are likely. Some of this will filter down quite quickly to local government budgets, already cut to the bone in many cases and struggling to deliver their statutory obligations.

However, this is, apparently* what the British people (including a fair number on NSC, if I recall) voted for. I'm not sure that single issue petitions and campaigns are the way forward. Inevitably these end up favouring the more 'heart-tugging' services, and if they are saved, the cuts elsewhere on less visible services (but often equally important) will be worse. There are many difficult decisions now to be made in sharing out the pain of the massive cuts, and I think that referenda/petitions are not the best way to organise this.

* although, of course, a majority didn't vote for this. Without electoral reform and some kind of proportional system, I fear that we are going to get majority Tory governments, with an "anti-state" ideological bent like this one, for the foreseeable future.
Thought we was a wealthy country?
A billion to Syria and only half of that reached where it should have because of red tape and corruption...It seems the needs on our own turf are put to the bottom of the pile as per usual.Take our money and fack it off abroad as per usual...shocking

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
In the meantime, we see the country's wealth being siphoned upwards, and food banks on the rise.

I'm glad you're alright jack.

You have no idea what my personal circumstances are and they are irrelevant to this debate. But of course I must be selfish because I disagree with you and those who indulge in simplistic, tedious Tory/tory voter bashing rhetoric.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
attachment.php
attachment.php

Bloody Evil Tories blah blah blah yawn. Meanwhile back in the real world something has to be done to get the debt under control. And closing a few tax loopholes ain't gonna do it. Please send all ideas for those easy fluffy cuts that don't personally effect you to HMG.

Here's one novel idea, collect the taxes that are due!!

http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Documents/PCSTaxGap2014Full.pdf

Also, your charts clearly show we were screwed over by the bankers. Debt was perfectly manageable up to 2008.

Interesting to look at the following. Our GDP fell further than US and the Eurozone and has grown the least.

Attachments

• UKGDP2003.jpg
    UKGDP2003.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 251

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
No they don't - I know because I tried to raise a complaint against them via my MP who made the statement that they didn't have any minister overseeing them. Effectively they report directly to the Queen.

"HM Revenue & Customs ( HMRC ) is a non-ministerial department; this makes it different from most other government departments, which work under the direct day-to-day control of a minister. The Queen appoints Commissioners of HMRC who have responsibility for handling individual taxpayers' affairs impartially."

There is a Minister with such responsibilities: Financial Secretary to the Treasury.

https://www.gov.uk/government/people/david-gauke

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Also, your charts clearly show we were screwed over by the bankers. Debt was perfectly manageable up to 2008.

Interesting to look at the following. Our GDP fell further than US and the Eurozone and has grown the least.

attachment.php
Yes stop sending 10's of billions abroad every year and stop selling big company shares and properties to foreigners....Where do you think billions and billions goes every year?
Certainly not in this country that's for sure....booming economy and yet we still rack up debts galore.
Ridiculous

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Remember disabled children and their families are unlikely to be Tory voters or party donators so why should the Government care ?

I expect the Cameron's are Tory voters. But they only looked after a disabled child then had to watch him die so are likely to be indifferent. Great point.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
View attachment 69790 View attachment 69791

So you think child poverty in this country is a good thing.
If any 'easy fluffy cut' is reversed and takes just one child out of poverty then that would be the right thing to do.
If I was told that a moderate income tax rise would 100% go to eradicating child poverty in this country I would happily pay it.
And I ain't rich.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

If only it was that easy. Governments of all colours have been promising to clamp down on tax evasion for decades with limited success.

The reasons for the crash are well documented but knowing this doesn't help in reducing our vast debts.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And who has starved the council of money ?
Ive already mentioned the waste of paying off the failed chief exec £270K.
Yes the government is cutting back money to councils, but councils waste money too. Just for balanced debate, you understand.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
It's one of the many services facing closure, Brighton and Hove are looking to make £68 million pounds in savings to balance the books over the next 4 years. Almost all provider services will be contracted out to make savings. Sad in isolation but this is one of the many good services that are under threat.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
If any 'easy fluffy cut' is reversed and takes just one child out of poverty then that would be the right thing to do.
If I was told that a moderate income tax rise would 100% go to eradicating child poverty in this country I would happily pay it.
And I ain't rich.

No obviously not. Do you think having a vast national debt being passed on to future generations is a good thing? We need a strong, robust, balanced economy to pay for all the policies that will help reduce poverty.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And I ain't rich.

It would be council tax, not income tax.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here