Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton determined to get Toure!!!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
IF Swansea went down then Leroy Fer could be an option.

Signed for Norwich under Chris Hughton but....and this is a big but.....he is CURSED.

Relegated with Norwich and QPR.......and maybe Swansea this year :lolol:

Great player and can get you goals but I don't think he would be a CH target. He is great with a 3 in midfield but not so hot in a 2 in midfield. He also struggles to get back if his team gets dispossessed upfield

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Great player and can get you goals but I don't think he would be a CH target. He is great with a 3 in midfield but not so hot in a 2 in midfield. He also struggles to get back if his team gets dispossessed upfield

I think we will play with 3 in midfield regularly next season..

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Oh definitely. For sure against the top sides but not always against the others.

Against the top sides he played. Fer, Howson and Tettey, with Redmond and Snodgrass wide; however in his 2nd season with Norwich there was always one of Fer, Tettey or Howson injured at any given point in that season, so he played differently, with two up top occasionally.

That's why I said Fer struggled when there was only a two in midfield

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Oh definitely. For sure against the top sides but not always against the others.

Against the top sides he played. Fer, Howson and Tettey, with Redmond and Snodgrass wide; however in his 2nd season with Norwich there was always one of Fer, Tettey or Howson injured at any given point in that season, so he played differently, with two up top occasionally.

That's why I said Fer struggled when there was only a two in midfield

You routinely post incorrect information. Leroy Fer only spent one season with Norwich, 13/14, the season Norwich were relegated.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You routinely post incorrect information. Leroy Fer only spent one season with Norwich, 13/14, the season Norwich were relegated.

Then that's the season he couldn't get them three all fit at the same time. I thought there was a period when the 3 played together though but I am happy to be corrected

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Possibly wise,until established......after all it's really only taken us several years to finally have the funds to acquire and utilize a central two strong enough on a regular basis.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Then that's the season he couldn't get them three all fit at the same time. I thought there was a period when the 3 played together though but I am happy to be corrected

Actually, I apologise for the tone of my post. There was no need for it and I misread your post.

I agree that we'll play three in midfield next season, especially away from home. Stephens and Kayal should be guaranteed their place and Sidwell making up the three as it stands wouldn't be a disaster but it's a little bit similar to Middlesbrough this season for me which we need to avoid. My biggest concern for next season as it stands is goalscoring so I think we need to get an attacking midfielder in.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Actually, I apologise for the tone of my post. There was no need for it and I misread your post.

I agree that we'll play three in midfield next season, especially away from home. Stephens and Kayal should be guaranteed their place and Sidwell making up the three as it stands wouldn't be a disaster but it's a little bit similar to Middlesbrough this season for me which we need to avoid. My biggest concern for next season as it stands is goalscoring so I think we need to get an attacking midfielder in.

No worries - I didn't take offence.

Not sure about the other part though. I think midfield will be one of the areas strengthened, as well as up front obviously.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I don't know if it's my imagination, being a long distance supporter, but I worry that Beram Keyal has not been the same since that assault by Barton. Others on here will know better than me so please, some re-assurance!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't know if it's my imagination, being a long distance supporter, but I worry that Beram Keyal has not been the same since that assault by Barton. Others on here will know better than me so please, some re-assurance!
*Brighton player takes a long time to return to full fitness* is hardly a shocker headline.

Was it Matt Richie who ripped us a new one having not played a single game for the best part of 18 months?

Whereas Albion players come back into the side and they look like the players that missed pre-season.

Last edited:

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
*Brighton player takes a long time to return to full fitness* is hardly a shocker headline.

Was it Matt Richie who ripped us a new one having not played a single game for the best park of 18 months?

Whereas Albion players come back into the side and they look like the players that missed pre-season.

Thanks for that, it just seems so long ago that Barton stamped on him. Like I said, probably my imagination. The good news is that living in Spain I can watch all of Albions game next season. Get in!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Kayal hasn't looked the same this season as the one before but it's hardly been a settled one for him.

I'm hoping he can return to his old self with a good preseason and play some part, although I doubt he'll be starting every game like in 15-16

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
"I am delighted. I told myself the journey at City is not done," Toure told the club's website....

[... and I'm not finished with the crazy wages either...] he thought to himself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here