Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Characters & Underworld Figures

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I have been living in Brentwood, Arsessex, for a while now, but have been reminiscing over some dodgy characters from Brighton that I once knew...whatever happened to..

Dave Day
Slippery Sinden
Shifty Dave Wells
Shady Dave Wells
Banjo
Frank Frimpong

What names!! can anyone help??

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dave Day is still going strong. He seems to be owning more and more bars in Brighton everyday thru his Golden Lion Group...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Dave Day is still going strong. He seems to be owning more and more bars in Brighton everyday thru his Golden Lion Group...

Is it just me, or does the Golden Lion logo bear an uncanning resemblance to a man who recently bought a football ground in Croydon?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Tom Hark said:
Whatever happened to NSC's favourite, ahem, character 'Canarian seagull'?
Didn't Lord B see him recently? Seem to remember him mentioning it. Great gesture for "him" to buy that champagne for the players that time, to be fair. :dunce:

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Come on Col - get a picture of Simon Jordan and the Goldion Lion pub chain logo up, so we can compare and contrast...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
Didn't Lord B see him recently? Seem to remember him mentioning it. Great gesture for "him" to buy that champagne for the players that time, to be fair. :dunce:

I thought Canarian was a star performer at that NSC-sponsored match. Top bloke! Particularly impressed by the way he managed to purloin about three main courses and half a dozen desserts off the portion-control-conscious serving staff. The GLEE on his face :lolol:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Carnage in that room. Pure carnage...:nono:

edit: in reference to Tom Hark's comment about NSC sponsored game... I had told my then g/friend that I ws going out for a civilised day at the football for once. Finally got home covered in food, red wine wine all down my top and barely able to talk... we're not together anymore ???

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bry Nylon said:
Carnage in that room. Pure carnage...:nono:

I've still got a deep gouge in me front door where I tried to get the key in the lock afterwards. It's about nine inches long, right through the paint to the wood, and nowhere near the lock in question :drunk:

And my attempted 'bunny ears' on Watto in the post-match group photo failed miserably. Just looks like a cheery wave :wave: Bah!

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The evening when I just about match Cannarian (sic) for ONE drink of every of his TWO sticks in the memory - he and his mates were knocking on my door to drag me to the pub at 7.30pm the next day - while I was STILL vomiting from the night before.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Tom Hark said:
I thought Canarian was a star performer at that NSC-sponsored match. Top bloke! Particularly impressed by the way he managed to purloin about three main courses and half a dozen desserts off the portion-control-conscious serving staff. The GLEE on his face :lolol:

:lolol: "Hello sweetness, what's your name? Gissa kiss. Don't suppose there's any chance of ANOTHER one of those steaks is there? You are my favourite, d'you know that?"

LEGEND - great bloke

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
dylan_bha said:
Is it true that Tommy is a relative of Mad Frankie?

Send the boys in!!

Yer, grandson.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Man of Harveys said:
:lolol: "Hello sweetness, what's your name? Gissa kiss. Don't suppose there's any chance of ANOTHER one of those steaks is there? You are my favourite, d'you know that?"

Shamefully, I can't recall the name of our waitress, but she looked after us superbly, and didn't bat an eyelid at the unseemly goings on in the sponsor's suite that day :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bry Nylon said:
Shamefully, I can't recall the name of our waitress, but she looked after us superbly, and didn't bat an eyelid at the unseemly goings on in the sponsor's suite that day :lolol:

The legendary Eva. Was about eighty years old as I recall. Which I do. Barely.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Eva Eva Cantilever :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I do recall she got a huge tip. Especially as I told Simster everyone was chucking a fiver :lolol:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Bry Nylon said:
Especially as I told Simster everyone was chucking a fiver :lolol:
Did Cannarian get Afters to tip for him and promise to pay him back later?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here