Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton car parking

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
Went to see Brighton Till I Die this evening and parked in the nearest NCP car park, and my brilliant evening was somewhat ruined by being charged £16 to get my car out, and being REFUSED a receit, and people say that Worthing parking is expensive, I dont think so :glare:

Jul 7, 2003
Mad the same mistake a couple of years ago. SInce then I've found that the best place to park in the middle of the city at night is The Laines car park under Bartholomew Square.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I thought I had made a mistake parking there also, as when I went to come out, the cashier pointed a flintlock at me and said, 'Stand and deliver...' :smile:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
NCP charges in Brighton generally are an absolute disgrace and sadly the Theatre car park tops the lot. I think people have mentioned in the past that it's better to park on Marine Parade and walk. Or, if you really don't mind a walk, go for one of the long term spaces in Hove - only a few quid then and it'll take about 15-20 minutes on foot to get to the theatre.

superwomen

Apr 19, 2011
Hove
the best place to park when visiting the Theatre is by the old market near Morley Street is FREE after 6pm on west side of the road and only a short walk !

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's supposed to make you use the bus. The thinking behind it is that everybody, no matter where they live in Sussex or what time they want to travel, can use public transport, and if you're lazy and selfish enough to use a car then you must be punished. It's the old 'stick and stick' approach.

The thing is, if you live in Brighton (and there's four of us) and want to go into town it's STILL cheaper to drive and park than it is to take the bus. However it's cheaper still to go elsewhere. I went to the club shop to get the SSCF tickets and realised I hadn't been down to the Churchill Square area since Christmas.

C17BHA

Feb 24, 2009
I went by train but was severley pissed off at being charged £4.90 for a half litre bottle of Carlsberg at half time during the show. Ridiculous but it was hot and stuffy at the top of the theatre.:annoyed:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here