Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton can fight for the TITLE next year

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Whatever you've been smoking can you share some?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Even if we kept this side together and then started next season and 5 points clear at xmas. Our squad would still g ripped apart in the January window.

We could win a cup and get Europe though but I suspect we get 1 shot at the later as the chances of ready made replacements to top 7 quality is highly unlikely.

As others have said , I want to have a couple of seasons out of our stars and hope we do everything we can to keep them.

The money is all well and nice but we are getting lucky at the moment considering who we've sold.

Enjoy it while we can as its unlikely to last forever

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
We would have to keep all our best players and add more quality to the squad to give us even more strength in depth . Salary issues will be the main reason we can’t keep some of our top players long term .

For the club to be run in a sensible sustainable way , that’s the way it has to be .

Top 6 is a def possibility though but very difficult when comparing budgets and salaries . Just outside top 6 yes .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Brighton can fight for the TITLE next year​

Pity we'll be too busy fighting to keep Caicedo, Mitoma, Mac Allister, Ferguson, Estupian and Sarmiento in the stripes next season.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I watch a lot of football. A LOT.

Over the years I've seen teams starting to 'click'. I saw Bayern in 2012 play incredible football then drop off a bit (they finished 2nd) in the BL but I saw what kind of play they were capable of. They won the treble the next year.

I saw Man City the first year with Pep, they finished 3rd.. but the last 5 or so games of the season I saw the 'click', I knew the next year they would be incredible. Then they had a 100 points season. I saw Napoli at the start of last season playing incredible football, some of the best of Europe, then they dropped off, I knew the following year they would be incredible. I saw the same with Arsenal around Christmas time last year, thinking they would win the league within two seasons.

I see the same with this Brighton team, some of the football you have played recently is as good as any in world football right now. Consistency will be lacking, and you wont always hit that level. But if you can keep your main players, another year of experience. I think you could challenge for the TITLE next season.

Liverpool and Chelsea are in transition, Spurs aren't ever real contenders. Man City are burning out too and Pep will likely leave very soon. Arsenal vs Brighton could be #1 and #2 in 2024.
Are you Swansman’s alter ego positivity account ?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I watch a lot of football. A LOT.

Over the years I've seen teams starting to 'click'. I saw Bayern in 2012 play incredible football then drop off a bit (they finished 2nd) in the BL but I saw what kind of play they were capable of. They won the treble the next year.

I saw Man City the first year with Pep, they finished 3rd.. but the last 5 or so games of the season I saw the 'click', I knew the next year they would be incredible. Then they had a 100 points season. I saw Napoli at the start of last season playing incredible football, some of the best of Europe, then they dropped off, I knew the following year they would be incredible. I saw the same with Arsenal around Christmas time last year, thinking they would win the league within two seasons.

I see the same with this Brighton team, some of the football you have played recently is as good as any in world football right now. Consistency will be lacking, and you wont always hit that level. But if you can keep your main players, another year of experience. I think you could challenge for the TITLE next season.

Liverpool and Chelsea are in transition, Spurs aren't ever real contenders. Man City are burning out too and Pep will likely leave very soon. Arsenal vs Brighton could be #1 and #2 in 2024.
Ha no chance!

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
BUMP.

Convince Caicedo to give you one more year, keep De Zerbi (pay rise). Pedro + Dadoud + Milner for MacAllister. Adingra in

If Ferguson, Encisco, Buonnotte, Moran improve another 30%, it's game on.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Someone at the bbc thinks so too
C636A0EA-3163-4898-B54C-4D3BB4432BDF.jpeg

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
The league table doesn't lie.
We're in sixth position, and that's with Mac and Caicedo still here. One or both will leave us.

We need a future captain, a leader in midfield, a baller who dominates the opposition. A Caicedo who will stay with us.

It is possible he is already with us of course.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They can win the title of the club pay for me and Jnr to go to all away games, together.

Played 8
Win 3
Draw 5
Lost 0.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The league table doesn't lie.
We're in sixth position, and that's with Mac and Caicedo still here. One or both will leave us.

We need a future captain, a leader in midfield, a baller who dominates the opposition. A Caicedo who will stay with us.

It is possible he is already with us of course.
The league table lies more than the lovechild of Boris Johnson and Vladimir Putin. We should be much further up.

Talk of the title is highly premature though. We're a lot of points off the top two .... though 3 fewer than we were this morning!

But keep our star players, add a left centre back and a bit of general euro game cover and i'll allow myself to dream ... which is what being a football fan is all about if you ask me :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here