Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton bus loses it's roof!

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
50k+ worth of damage!

Was a mechanic out on road test and mechanic was treated for shock at the scene and was then went home striaght away, bus may possibly be an open topper permantly, half the work is done :p

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
So, God takes indiscriminate revenge on buses of all advertising religions?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Hmmm... I thought you had to be dead to have your name on the bus or are there two Les Hamilton's?

Nope theres a Sally Gunnell and Norman Cook.

Edit - or have I missed a joke here and look like an idiot?!

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
I wonder if it was the same driver that we had on the Football Special back into Brighton on Saturday after the Hereford game.

His antics were worth the match ticket price alone - berating a colleague on London Road "You're a football special, you're not supposed to be picking passengers up", then some p*ssed up bloke tried to get on at one stop "This is a football special. You can't come on here, f*cking get off" and then when some woman driver cut him up "Where did you get your licence from you c*nt"!!

Just before we got off at St.Peters Church we gave him a resounding chorus of "Can we have you every week!"

:lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I wonder if it was the same driver that we had on the Football Special back into Brighton on Saturday after the Hereford game.

His antics were worth the match ticket price alone - berating a colleague on London Road "You're a football special, you're not supposed to be picking passengers up", then some p*ssed up bloke tried to get on at one stop "This if a football special you. You can't come on here, f*cking get off" and then when some woman driver cut him up "Where did you get your licence from you c*nt"!!

Just before we got off at St.Peters Church we gave him a resounding chorus of "Can we have you every week!"

:lolol:

There's a Mendoza thread about that bus trip somewhere. Read it yesterday.

Sounds like much better entertainment than the match :lol:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It must have turned up from the 259 at some rate of speed. It's not very far to the bridge!

Hmmm... I thought you had to be dead to have your name on the bus or are there two Les Hamilton's?
There are (or were) two Les Hamiltons - both councillors in Portslade.

Les Hamilton snr died a few years back. A lovely guy. When he was Chairman of East Sussex County Council, he once turned up at a Lewes pub where I was enjoying a Christmas eve lunchtime drink with some colleagues. He walked up to the bar and handed fifty quid to the barman and said "Let these people have as much as they want until this runs out".

Les Hamilton jnr is his son.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Nope theres a Sally Gunnell and Norman Cook.

Edit - or have I missed a joke here and look like an idiot?!

Not sure if the criteria has changed, but when they started putting names on busses they only considered people that were no longer living.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here