Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton ask EUFA to investigate after Roma match

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Homophobic abuse is unacceptable, and the European culture of throwing stuff at away fans has to stop.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Homophobic abuse is unacceptable, and the European culture of throwing stuff at away fans has to stop.

You're right on both points.

Will UEFA do anything of real substance?

I won't hold my breath.

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020

The British culture of throwing beer in the air and drenching own and opposing fans is also unacceptable.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I do hope we have not really complained about the ‘Queen’ banner.
Quite. Didn’t even see it in the stadium, gave me a good giggle when I saw it on Twitter at the airport.

Besides, Phil made it to 99. That’s a long old innings without one. You’d have to hope he got one or two at least.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
All of the previous posts.

But the third goal which looked offside is potentially damaging the sporting integrity of the competition….. a massive straw clutch, but I wonder…….

No, don’t be silly UEFA never do the right thing.

Awaits a £10k fine for homophobia and objects being thrown, an apology for the offside goal……

And a £50k fine to Brighton for their supporters singing too loudly….

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I do hope we have not really complained about the ‘Queen’ banner.
You’d have to think it was something else entirely. Very hard to argue that was homophobic.

The fact, that that wasn’t noticeable from the away end does imply there were probably other banners elsewhere.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It is important to make the complaints and make sure the fact complaints have been made be known. It may take a long time but eventually there may be changes. With no complaints, it is guaranteed nothing will change.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
You’d have to think it was something else entirely. Very hard to argue that was homophobic.

The fact, that that wasn’t noticeable from the away end does imply there were probably other banners elsewhere.
Maybe they’re referring to the rock band…

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
That Queen banner was about as insulting as some pissed bloke in the North Stand in 1987/88 who kept chanting “Wigan….Wigan…” to the 100 or so Walsall fans in the North East corner in an attempt to get a reaction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here