Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Palace. Hard to explain...

Jan 30, 2008
I remember reading about a group of Charlton fans who met up with a group of Southampton fans and put one of them in hospital. They went to visit him to make sure he was ok. Well, he would have been better if you hadn't broken three of his ribs and stamped on his head but it's the thought that counts!
at a railway station :whistle:
regards
DR

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
wind your neck in trunky :rolleyes:
regards
DR
bce94b9bb1d5a8e304a107f143cc2d3f.jpg
[emoji57]

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Never understand why some Albion fans hate teams like United, haven't played each other for donkeys years??? Not really any rivalry of the sort? Makes no sense to me! Have no problems with United, Arsenal, Chelsea etc.....

1: 1983, Wembley, replay
2: It's the plastic element I despise. Proper old school Reds are fine. I used to subscribe to Red Issue, a United fanzine, just for the quality of the writing. Sadly it stopped production earlier this year because the authors had had enough of the corporate bullshit of the Premier League.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
1: 1983, Wembley, replay
2: It's the plastic element I despise. Proper old school Reds are fine. I used to subscribe to Red Issue, a United fanzine, just for the quality of the writing. Sadly it stopped production earlier this year because the authors had had enough of the corporate bullshit of the Premier League.
This all the way.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
As others have said, we are both similar sized clubs and fanbases.
We have had the upper hand for quite a few years now, but that's the beauty of a rivalry, you give it when you're on top ( ooh arr mrs ) and take it when roles are reversed.
The Brighton fans I've met socially have been good company, and I could relate to them more than some armchair expert.
Long live the rivalry, and may we be giving it for a few years yet :thumbsup:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
As others have said, we are both similar sized clubs and fanbases.
We have had the upper hand for quite a few years now, but that's the beauty of a rivalry, you give it when you're on top ( ooh arr mrs ) and take it when roles are reversed.
The Brighton fans I've met socially have been good company, and I could relate to them more than some armchair expert.
Long live the rivalry, and may we be giving it for a few years yet [emoji106]
I agree!uploadfromtaptalk1440778962639.jpg

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
It's a respect thing.

Like holding eye contact and urinating to assert dominance.

Wow! I usually just look 'em in the eye.

Do you unzip yourself or just go for it?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Assume then that you are too young to have attended the Fa cup final and replay ?

It goes a long way further back than that for me - probably when I first got into following football and the Albion and realised that there were people who claimed to 'support' some distant team rather than us for the simple reason that they were successful when Albion needed their support far more. And of course Manchester United, because of Munich, Best & Charlton and the European Cup win of 1968, were the beneficiaries, far more than any of the London clubs.

I have degrees of Manchester United-related loathing.

1. So-called fans who have only ever seen the Red Filth on TV.
2. Anyone who calls them 'Man United'. They do NOT represent all humanity. "Man U" is almost as bad.
3. Fans living outside Greater Manchester and who have no family allegiance who go to watch them. Support your local team.
4. Any player with another club who ever uses the word 'dream' when talking about the prospect of joining the Red Filth. My only dream about playing for them is the one where I deliberately score an own goal at the Stretford End that costs them the league title.
5. Most of their players. Sometimes you just have to look at some self-obsessed idiot footballer with a ridiculous sense of entitlement and know that he's born to play for them.
6. All those referees who never gave stonewall penalties to visiting teams at Old Trafford but couldn't wait to point to the spot as soon as Rooney threw himself over the nearest outstretched leg (even his own).

But I suppose they have given me some joy over the years. For example, the ages it took them finally to win the title, the looks on the faces of their fans at Sunderland (and Phil Jones) when Man City scored against QPR to deny them another undeserved title win the other year, their recent uselessness. But I can't imagine a time when I won't loathe them.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It goes a long way further back than that for me - probably when I first got into following football and the Albion and realised that there were people who claimed to 'support' some distant team rather than us for the simple reason that they were successful when Albion needed their support far more. And of course Manchester United, because of Munich, Best & Charlton and the European Cup win of 1968, were the beneficiaries, far more than any of the London clubs.

2. Anyone who calls them 'Man United'. They do NOT represent all humanity. "Man U" is almost as bad.
3. Fans living outside Greater Manchester and who have no family allegiance who go to watch them. Support your local team.
4. Any player with another club who ever uses the word 'dream' when talking about the prospect of joining the Red Filth. My only dream about playing for them is the one where I deliberately score an own goal at the Stretford End that costs them the league title.
5. Most of their players. Sometimes you just have to look at some self-obsessed idiot footballer with a ridiculous sense of entitlement and know that he's born to play for them.
6. All those referees who never gave stonewall penalties to visiting teams at Old Trafford but couldn't wait to point to the spot as soon as Rooney threw himself over the nearest outstretched leg (even his own).

But I suppose they have given me some joy over the years. For example, the ages it took them finally to win the title, the looks on the faces of their fans at Sunderland (and Phil Jones) when Man City scored against QPR to deny them another undeserved title win the other year, their recent uselessness. But I can't imagine a time when I won't loathe them.
ab66d4ef7547b016c22206c8889b64ba.jpg

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Couldn't agree more, except that team of Tevez, Rooney, and Ronaldo, jeez, their football that season made it very hard to still detest them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here