Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and hove city council discussing sanding beaches between the 2 piers

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
Brighton and hove council are in disscussions about covering the pebbles with sand on the beaches between the two piers, thousands of tons of sand will be dredged from the sea and pumped out onto the beaches during the winter months of 2012. A council spokesman has said once the sand has settled it will make beaches in this area a better place to bathe. Children will have a great time. The sand will not be near the tides as it will be pushed higher up the beaches.

Can't wait!!!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Though an April fool, this has been successfully done in Lyme Regis, admittedly by replacing sand with other sand.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
When I read the title I got a picture in my head of men going around the beach with one of these:

Product-200712710561-s.jpg

sanding all the pebbles.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Kids were having a great time playing in the sand on Friday afternoon. Sometimes it's all pebbles, and sometimes we get some nice little sandy patches - where do the sandy patches come from?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Between one pier and a lump of scrap metal. One of the reasons the pier fell down (built in the wrong place) is the sand in the sea sand-blasted the supports away.

If the West Pier was rebuilt in concrete the tides and currents will erode the shingle like Southwick Beach.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The April Fool stories under the Tory administration were much better. The one about spending over a million in a recession to dismantle a cycle lane was good. The one about the Tories chosing to keep the "CD 1" mayoral number plater and shutting down a nursery instead was scarcely believable though.

Er, hold on.......

D

Deleted User X18H

Do they believe that this weedy attempt to influence the local eco-system and ocean geography will be a worthwhile (and enduring) expenditure?

The biggest fool of all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here