Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion vs Blackburn Rovers ****Official Match Thread****

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
After hearing Tanno this morning I think Vicente will start from bench with the same starting 11, Maybe Crofts in for Hammond

i hope not, was not impressed with Hammond last week or the game before. Dicker for me if he is going to play two holding midfielders.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
As much as I would like to see all our flair players start tonight, I think Blackburn will try to make this a physical battle and look to disrupt our style. I think it is likely we will see Hammond and Bridcutt and possibly Dicker to meet that phsyical challenge.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Gus made a point about Ulloa being particuarly exhausted, can't see him starting unfortunately.

He was talking about Bruno wasn't he?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
After hearing Tanno this morning I think Vicente will start from bench with the same starting 11, Maybe Crofts in for Hammond

i hope not, was not impressed with Hammond last week or the game before. Dicker for me if he is going to play two holding midfielders.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Hammond has been one of the most improved players in recent weeks including 1st half against Hull so should be in the starting line up as opposed to Croft who has been a disappointment since coming back to us and should never be picked in preference to Hammond. The only reason Hammond was taken off was because we needed to go for the win as a draw would do us no good, Also we had nullified them in the first half. My only concern is that a win will put us in the play off places and when that has happened previously we have been poor and blown it.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Hammond has been one of the most improved players in recent weeks including 1st half against Hull so should be in the starting line up as opposed to Croft who has been a disappointment since coming back to us and should never be picked in preference to Hammond. The only reason Hammond was taken off was because we needed to go for the win as a draw would do us no good, Also we had nullified them in the first half. My only concern is that a win will put us in the play off places and when that has happened previously we have been poor and blown it.

its strange how people see games differntly, I thought he was very sloppy against Hull, touch was awful and his passing was below acceptable, Bridcutt gets him out of trouble a lot.I would just prefer Dicker in there. Opinions are what this game great.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
At half time review Sky SPORT raved about him and said he was the best player on the field. He was far better in the first half than Bridcutt who seemed to have lost his edge possibly by being captain.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
At half time review Sky SPORT raved about him and said he was the best player on the field. He was far better in the first half than Bridcutt who seemed to have lost his edge possibly by being captain.

as I say opinons are great, i obviously saw something differant. Bridcutt did have a poor first half compared to his usual standard, but very good second half, I was genaralising in my statement above about him getting Hammond out of trouble.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
as I say opinons are great, i obviously saw something differant. Bridcutt did have a poor first half compared to his usual standard, but very good second half, I was genaralising in my statement above about him getting Hammond out of trouble.

I quite like Hammond but hav to agree with you that he was having an off day on Saturday ..I don't generally take much notice of football pundits

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Agree with the general consensus that Hammond had an off game on Saturday. He had been excellent in several games prior though, so not sure he should be dropped. I'm all for Vicente starting though if he is.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Just re-watched 1st half of Hull game again, surprised to say it I was probably most impressed with CMS. Lively, direct and distribution was decent. Should start tonight imho

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here