Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion v Yeovil Town ****Official Match Thread****

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
A good result and nice boost to our goal difference. Most importantly 3 more points on the board and ramps up the pressure on our rivals.

Maybe not an entirely convincing performance. Murphy's law that the two decent chances in the 1st half fell to Orlandi who hasn't played for a while let alone looking sharp enough for clinical finishes. We might have relaxed into the game a bit more if we had put one of those away.

As suspected Yeovil looked feisty and if anything didn't trouble us as much as I thought. I know we managed a clean sheet (with the help of the woodwork) but there seems to be casualness when 50/50 balls break, even in our own penalty area - Andrews in particular seems half a yard off the pace and ball watching in those moments.

I hope that Stephens recovers in time for the Forest game.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
LOL..you accept under achievement and failure, for me its time to change that mentality and we judge Brighton by the same standards of other clubs who get 27000 at home to Yeovil in the championship when on tv.The players let everyone down the last few months

Friday night,with 1 railway station within 2 miles? you forgot to mention

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
LOL..you accept under achievement and failure, for me its time to change that mentality and we judge Brighton by the same standards of other clubs who get 27000 at home to Yeovil in the championship when on tv.The players let everyone down the last few months

So our chairman said he would be happy with a top ten position but here we are in sixth with a game to go (which we might win, you never know). How is that underachievement and failure?

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
[QUOT E=Driver8;6306542]They were stuck on the train.[/QUOTE]

I thought I saw that Kemmy Augstein chap trapped in the toilet on the London Victoria service !!

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Shove off...what on earth do you want more. The Championship is a real tough league...there's no pleasing some people

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
I'm pleased with the performance. Played well given Yeovil were literally fighting for their careers. Could have easily been points dropped. Given better finishing (yawn) we could have won 5 or 6-0. Orlandi in particular could have put us 2 up before the break
How many games has it been since Orlandi started... he surely cant be expected to be spot on straight away. I thought he did well obviously apart from the chances

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Over to you now Reading. We've done our bit tonight.

ha!

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
How many games has it been since Orlandi started... he surely cant be expected to be spot on straight away. I thought he did well obviously apart from the chances

If a player is fit enough to start then a player is fit enough to at least shoot on target given two clear cut chances. He's paid enough to kick a ball in a straight line. He did play welll but you can't use the injuries as an excuse for his finishing

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
even oscar thinks we got weaker in the transfer window

That was a very interesting comment that he made - he said we were the only team that got weaker in the January transfer window and I think he said it was a very disappointing window - so clearly a lot went wrong. Very interesting interview.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
If a player is fit enough to start then a player is fit enough to at least shoot on target given two clear cut chances. He's paid enough to kick a ball in a straight line. He did play welll but you can't use the injuries as an excuse for his finishing

Yes, He possibly could of had a hat trick, but he hasnt played for two months.
But at least he got into positions to have those chances, which is more than any other Brighton player has done for half the season

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012

I think Garcia flinging his arms in the air spoke volumes about his opinion on the poor finishing by Orlandi.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Anyone know if the young(ish) fan in the north stand that was taken out on a seat with an oxygen mask on during the first half is ok? He looked well out of it, didn't seem to know where he was

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I think Garcia flinging his arms in the air spoke volumes about his opinion on the poor finishing by Orlandi.

It's not the first time Orlandi has missed a sitter, i remember a similar one against Hull last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here