Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion v Charlton Athletic ****Official Match Thread****

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
that knob on TV Monday night will find it offside whats his name Bright ......very unfortunate name that as he isn't

I called it wrong , the replay shows he was ONSIDE :facepalm:

The Ferret ‏@BHAFerret 9s
#bhafc Lots of claims of offside for Ulloa's goal - just seen the replay in slo-mo - ONSIDE - the Charlton right back was a fraction ahead

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
So how do I get that stream on an iPad. My PC is in for repairs so I'm using my sons tablet. Could some kind soul talk me through it, as I'm a complete tech thicky.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Was what Stephens? He had quite a lot of the ball in the first 15 minutes and with the inter-changing of KLL and Lingard as you say was causing Charlton problems just like it did against Leicester on Tuesday.

Good first half although I would like them to up the tempo in the second as we have looked a bit complacent at times. Early third goal for us kills the game, if Charlton get one early it could make for a very nervy second half, especially with Anks in goal.
This is true, I had a hard time picking out Stephens for a while. I agree with upping the tempo, if we played like we did in the first 15, then I think there's still a couple of goals to grab. There has been some nervy Charlton players, although towards the end when we slowed down they re-organised. If we go all guns blazing and snatch a 3rd in the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half, all 3 points are ours. With any hope, Reading will lose on Monday and we'll remain in the play-offs.

CAFC4ME

Apr 11, 2014
What a great time to score our 2nd, just before half time.

Watching on the stream. Poyet caught in possession for the first goal, and a break after we had one deflected onto the woodwork for the second. That is that, and you have the three points, we need to try to keep the score down if possible. Some (handful of) Brighton fans appear to be booing Diego Poyet which seems ungrateful after that first goal.
We are at best average, but basically pretty poor without being abject (so far), and we carry no threat whatsoever as Marvin Sordell (on loan from Bolton) is on the pitch, but not actually playing in the match. We have a young player called Joe Pigott who may come on, but we will then play it to his head, which won't work because despite him being a tall player he is better on the ground.
Hope Garcia preserves players and their fitness for your run in and we can make it no worse than 0-3.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Come on you super seagulls.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Pearson went nuts after our game with Leicester, not happy with their application. Reading should get more of a match.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
So how do I get that stream on an iPad. My PC is in for repairs so I'm using my sons tablet. Could some kind soul talk me through it, as I'm a complete tech thicky.

I don't think you can unless you download Puffin web browser, mainly because Apple and Adobe had a bit of a fall out and Apple don't use adobe flash anymore...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
0 shots on target for Charlton. This scoreline could be misleading with Ankers in goal!

The crossbar certainly saved us from an equaliser and he still didn't know where the ball was when it came back off the bar :lol:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I don't think you can unless you download Puffin web browser, mainly because Apple and Adobe had a bit of a fall out and Apple don't use adobe flash anymore...
Thanks GE. I'll content myself with following the match on here.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
That wasn't a metre outside!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
don't think Chivers thinks a great deal of Ankers

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012