Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion FCv Leyton Orient FC ** Johnstones paint trophy***

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It's not good to lose any game but this really is a crappy cup and I won't be upset for more than few hours if we lose

but there will be those who lives will be devastated

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I don't get why people we're ever expecting us to take this seriously following Gus' comments? I was not disappointed to see us out the Carling Cup and i'm not disappointed to see us out of the JPT either.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We can concentrate on promotion now.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Disappointing but could work for us in the long run. I hate losing though.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Old fashioned maybe, but the team we put out tonight should have been able to thrash Orient and it isn't good to be 2 down, no mater how naff this cup is.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
right thats it a goal from an overhead kick from Chino will send me to bed satisfied

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If we weren't setting out to win this game we might as well have given a few players a chance. :shrug:
Also I see Poyet's favourite "attacking" sub is back, moving Bennett to right back. :lol: I'd forgotten about that one over the summer.

seagulls120

Feb 25, 2009
I hate losing, and especially when the moaners are back on here makes me more depressed. Oh well mainly the league now, which is more important.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
losing this game doesn't matter but the manner of losing with a strong team out does.

a fortnight of pain ahead for the players in training I hope............................

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I take it all the people who could not give a shit about this game, would not bother going to Wembley if we got there?. I give a shit about every game, its called a winning mentality.

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
The manager shouldn`t get annoyed he said it was worthless. The players heard that and most of the fans feel its worthless.
Then why does it bother me............ ?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I understand JPT causes losses to the club financially, can provide a distraction, injuries, suspensions and no guarantee of a trip to wembley, so am not going to get in a huff over a loss. It's called keeping things in perspective.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Poor performance from essentially a very strong Albion side. Joke really. If Poyet didn't think it was important, why not play more fringe players.

Well done to Slade and Cox.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I take it all the people who could not give a shit about this game, would not bother going to Wembley if we got there?. I give a shit about every game, its called a winning mentality.

That's not what people are saying. It is not an important trophy unless you get to the final. On that basis, I would far rather get knocked out tonight than go to the Southern final like two years ago and lose.

As for people saying we have a strong team out but by my reckoning we are without Brezovan, Greer, Kishishev, LuaLua and Sandanza who will probably all be in the first team when it is settled. I have left Navarro out as he is not coming back soon. Also Sparrow is playing his first game for a couple of weeks and Bridcutt making his debut. We also don't know how seriously the team are taking it. I honestly don't see any reason to worry whatever happens tonight as long as there are no red cards or injuries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here