Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion consider bid for Preston North End striker

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We won't be the only ones after him and will probably be offering the least.
Anyway, if Preston get promoted they may well keep him.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I have much more confidence that CH will select players to play in a system that he wants to use and not buy strikers that will not work in that system - time will tell

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
We can sign the best forwards in the world but they won't score until the problem with the midfield is sorted, ie they don't make enough clear cut chances for the forwards.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Zamora
Baldock
Ulloa 2 ( Le Bihan ? )
Garner

would be a decent set of strikers.

Let's get them in early !

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I don't understand the logic that because we've not had much luck with League 1 strikers, we should ignore all of them.

Every player is different. And a hell of a lot of Premier League players were League 1 players once upon a time.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Aren't Baldock and Garner pretty similar as players? Great at League One level but played wide left for us. Are we seriously trying to sign ANOTHER 5ft 10in striker?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Garner has been superb this season, an excellent finisher, I would not have a problem with him being on our squad. I do have a feeling however that he'll end up somewhere else instead though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This will be lot more likely if Preston fail in the playoffs.

Best of luck to Chesterfield tonight ! :rock:

Yoda

English & European
Have we not signed the leading Div 1 striker in two of the last few seasons. If this is to be lets hope he makes the step up having failed with Nottingham Forest and this is not casting him aside before giving him a chance.

He started ok at Forest scoring fairly regularly, but then Billy Davies took over and was either not given a chance or played out wide on the right. At the time he did also have Rob Earnshaw, Dexter Blackstock, Nathan Tyson, David McGoldrick, Marcus Tudgay and Dele Adebola to compete with.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Isn't baldock a better player and very similar in style to him?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
So that means we'll negotiate for several weeks and be unwilling to pay him what he's worth.
Then he'll sign for Middlesbrough.

However if we did get him, I'd be over the moon.

If any truth in this, and there damn well ought to be, then sadly the above will happen. Again and again and again. We will continue to refuse to pay the going rate.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes please. Another successful striker AT LEAGUE 1 LEVEL.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes please. Another successful striker AT LEAGUE 1 LEVEL.
Indeed, we should be buying a successful Championship striker like Jordan Rhodes, who it's possible we could get for £15m, plus hefty wages.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Baldock could be more than decent but isn't a lone striker or left winger so another waste of talent and money by the seem of things.

And ghenerally scores all his goals when he, you know plays with a strike partner, just like you know CMS,. But two up from died at BHA circa 2011 and the first day at the AMEX. Rarely seen since sadly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here