Brighton 2/5 to be relegated

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Brighton now looking a near bookies certainty to be relegated.

2 weeks ago we were still 3/1 to be relegated but after abject defeats to releagtion rivals Crewe and Orient which were both 6 pointers and hugely damaging to our goal difference effectively surrending another point to those teams we are now quoted at 2/5 on to go down.

I think we are going down as we have no team spirit, a rudderless ship with our 4th manager in 9 months and the worst home record in the entire football league and the worst record in this division in the last 18 games bar Cheltenham.

On the upside I think we will be too strong for the 4th division next season and will walk it so I will be going LARGE on us to win the league in div 4 next season at around 8/1 I would imagine so there's always a silver lining.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Last 18 league games

Won 3
Drawn 4
Lost 11

Points 13

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
On the upside I think we will be too strong for the 4th division next season and will walk it so I will be going LARGE on us to win the league in div 4 next season at around 8/1 I would imagine so there's always a silver lining.

IF half of our players don't leave.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We already are

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
No we are not.

Well we might be if our form does not improve and the next three games are critical.

I just ran us through predictor BBC SPORT | Football | League One | Predictor and we finished 17th

There are just still too many games to go to really tell but I can't see us going down - mainly because our rivals for relegation have really hard games.

We do need to start winning at home though and generally our form needs to improve

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You predicted we would end up 17th. Phew thats ok then I was getting a bit worried.

D

Deleted User X18H

Brighton to go down and Binocular for the Champoin Hurdle short price double £500 should return around £1400 ............tempting

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Its pretty tedious but if you run it you will see what I mean and perhaps it might stop you slashing your wrist for a few weeks.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Brighton to go down and Binocular for the Champoin Hurdle short price double £500 should return around £1400 ............tempting

But will Binocular let you down ?.

PrestGull

Oct 18, 2003
yesterday was new low for me! 2k fans let down, post match pints numbed the pain but this morning the dire reality has set in.

give slade the next 2 games to work some magic if he can't then next weekend could be more depressing!

fantastic support though shame we have been served a shower of sh@t all season!

keeping the faith!

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
The next three games will tell our fate.

Slade needs two wins and a point and to get that we need to win on Tues before morale slips any further

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We said the last 2 games would tell our fate and we lost them both

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Mayo
Hart
Fraser
Loft

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
We will walk league 2 with the current team. But seriously how many will actually stay?

This is the same team that has failed to beat Luton twice, Shrewsbury and any of the teams likely to be in L2 with us next season ?. On paper we do have a strong squad I agree but it's no use whatsoever if they cannot play together.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think I saw enough there yesterday to suggest that we could stay up. If we had Murray or Forster up front and fully fit in place of Davies we would probably have won yesterday because we controlled most of the match without having the cutting edge that they would provide. If we can get them back there is enough there to pick up points. Hopefully Slade will see that McLeod and Fraser should be dropped too.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
We said the last 2 games would tell our fate and we lost them both

We have got to stick by the team. There is a new manager and a number of new players. You could argue we have been unlucky to give away questionable penalties at crucial times in both games. I think if it had been 1-0 at half time yesterday we would have won the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports