Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brief encounters: Leo Sayer

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
So the family story goes, we saw him busking below South Kensington tube station (the bit that leads from the tube to the museums) just before he made it big back in around 73/74. I don't remember it though.

Funnily enough I was debating on my blog about whether I preferred Leo or Roger's version of 'Giving It All Away'. Daltrey's voice is very powerful and the more defiant but Leo's version is far more melodic and arguably he carries the tune better. It's a toughie but Roger wins it, just about, for me.

Agree 100% with your appraisal of Giving It All Away - fabulous song. Have you see the video Daltrey did to go with it... all black and white and just brilliant?

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Went to school with Jamie Theakston. He didn't know that much about music, but he was a nice enough bloke. When I lived in Shoreham, I NEVER saw Leo Sayer ever.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
After I posted the Steve Ovett thing on facebook, an old friend asked me who my sporting heroes are. From a VERY long list my top three are:
Kit Napier
Steve Ovett
Ian Botham
And I guess those top three haven't changed for me in over 30 years.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
After I posted the Steve Ovett thing on facebook, an old friend asked me who my sporting heroes are. From a VERY long list my top three are:
Kit Napier
Steve Ovett
Ian Botham
And I guess those top three haven't changed for me in over 30 years.

Maybe should post a thread on here to see how many put even one of those in their top three, there are a lot of comparative youngsters on NSC these days, I'm not though, and none of them would make my top three either :smile:

It would be an interesting thread if people are willing to restrict it to just three.

richmond

May 30, 2008
I went to Art college in Worthing 1971-75, the West Sussex College of Design in Union Place. Leo Sayer was a year or two ahead of me, I didn't know him but I heard that he had got kicked out and therefore never finished the course. This info was from my Graphic Design tutor so I took it as true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here