Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt oh dear.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Chelsea told him that in their opinion he wouldn't be able to hold down a regular place in the PL. Fair play to him for having a go but whose judgement would you trust the most. Senior management at Chelsea or Gus Poyet?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Grim reading, indeed. Seems that everything connected to Poyet ends in tears.
If only he was as good a manager as he thinks/thought he was.

Mickey Gray was (again) saying how he's not a PL player on Saturday. Said he had a terrible first half...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Chelsea told him that in their opinion he wouldn't be able to hold down a regular place in the PL. Fair play to him for having a go but whose judgement would you trust the most. Senior management at Chelsea or Gus Poyet?
In fairness there's quite some gulf in class between being Chelsea Premier League Ready and Sunderland Premier League Ready.

I think I could hold down a Sunderland starting spot, but might have to settle for the bench at Chelsea :dunce:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would take him back happily
I'm not sure a player with minimal attacking threat and no confidence is quite the pressing need, at the moment.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's a shame that it all went a bit sour with Bridcutt. There was a very good reason he won back to back player of the year awards with us. We missed him in 2013/14 and definitely this season. Too bad he went a bit billy big bollocks and acted like a **** in engineering his move.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

I would have as well had he left the club with a bit of integrity. As it is he spent a while picking up his wages whilst "not in the right headspace" (or whatever contrived nonsense he dreamt up) to play for the club he was contracted to.

Suddenly found his feet again when he was plucked up into the Promised Land didn't he?

Honestly, I appreciate everything he did, when he could be bothered to play for us but, with equal honesty, **** him. I'm glad he went and I'm glad he's been found out.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

He's out of form and out of confidence. We've got anough of those. Plus, he pretty much downed tools and gave up when he found out about Sunderland's interest (along with Buckley), so for all the good he did us and with all due respect, he can sod off.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Not that for one second he would come back.

I think we actually maybe due more money if Sunderland survive ?......

So they can give him to us if they like....

I wouldn't have him back even on a free. His future is with Gus's next club, and his next club after that etc. He is a one manager player and Gus is his security blanket.

We need players who know where the goal is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here