Bridcutt good enough for Real Madrid says Poyet.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bridcutt is worth so much more to us, than his value on the open market.

For that reason, he won't be sold, not in January, anyway.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
All that is saying, is: 'We've had some interest in Liam, obviously. He's actually really really good so if you want him you're going to have to pay a fuckload. He's not for sale otherwise'

At least I hope so.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Sheffield Wednesday famously turned down Cantona before Leeds. Mistakes happen.

They didn't turn him down. They asked him to stay for another week. He declined saying he was a French international superstar.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
All that is saying, is: 'We've had some interest in Liam, obviously. He's actually really really good so if you want him you're going to have to pay a fuckload. He's not for sale otherwise'

At least I hope so.

Totally agree

Clearly many clubs will have known about him for a while - probably since his big League 1 performances for most - and Gus has always stated he won't stand in the way of a player making a big move.

So we've just got to hope that Gus is working behind the scenes to make sure that Bridcutt makes the right move (for him) for the right price (for us) and hopefully at the right time (not now)

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Alternatively what he's saying is:-

'Norwich, fook off you need some bloody big pockets before you even think about knocking on our door'.

Precisely my thoughts. Well read.

I think a little bit of it is also:
'Don't even think about going to a lower-league Premiership team, Liam. Stick with me and I'll see you joining Real Madrid in the future'

Snarkey5

Banned
Feb 8, 2011
That would be highway robbery - and the club would be bloody stupid to sell him for that.

yeah but everyone is getting carried away on here cause of bias, if you look at it from a neutral point of view, bridcutt is a quality holding midfielder in the championship who had a good game against newcastle 3rds and is unproven in a top league, even tho he could easily make the step up, £2.5 mil i reckon will be the realistic figure when all said and done

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Obvious hyperbole to build up his own player. Nothing wrong with that but at least make it realistic.

When he has games like yesterday, the whole team plays better. When he doesn't play so well, it's an integral part of why they don't get a result. He had been lackluster in the last few weeks (before the last two games especially) and nowhere near Premier League quality, which is in part why there's been hesitation for Premier League clubs to make a concrete offer.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Gus Poyet says Brighton star Liam Bridcutt could play for Real Madrid after Newcastle display | Metro News

I happen to agree with Gus but about this but I do wish he would stop drawing everyone's attention to Bridders. The fact that he had such good exposure on TV on Saturday was bad enough, without peddling his ability to every tin pot rag around. We want to keep him until 2015 at least - not sell him.

So if there are any other clubs out there interested in Bridcutt, I have a message for you - DO ONE.

Implies he is not good enough for Barcelona. :vuvu:

deenomeet

ballbags
Apr 2, 2011
As an Ipswich fan,who has also watched a fair bit of footie at the Amex,i would value Bridcutt at around the 6mil mark.Hes a terrific player. Id love him at Portman Road,you lot are very lucky to have him.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Gus and Bridcutt at Madrid? I hope Florentino Perez doesn't hear about these comments. :nono:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Out of interest what is the biggest fee we have been paid for a player ?

I am guessing it is Zamora ?

£900k for Lawrenson in 81 was a huge amount & amongst the highest levels ever paid for a defender in the World & no transfer since has got close in relative terms

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Wasnt it reported that there was allegedly a slight problem, as regards Lee Chapmans wife? Or was that why he left Leeds for United? As they say mistakes happen we turned down Ian Wright

Demba Ba had trials with Watford and Barnsley when he was 21 and neither thought he was up to it.

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
goodness me, that win against a dreadful Newcastle team has really affected some people, Bridcutt could play for RM! do me a favour, very good player but there are plenty of them about sounds like hes trying to bump the price tag up to me, who exactly do you think LB could replace in the RM team ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports