Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt Close to Signing for Sunderland? (Sky Sports News)

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Bridcutt has been half the player since Gus left.

His role is more of an EPL role, and as one of the better teams in the championship, we have less need for a defensive midfielder - but a bottom half EPL team really need someone like him.

We are on the front foot most of the time, so Ince is the perfect replacement.

£4m, no less, then sell.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Funny way of looking at it. In a healthy relationship you discuss things and come to joint decisions. Let's hope that this is what they do, and that they decide that moving up there is not what they want.

My missis loves it that I take control of important joint decisions. This modern type of joint decision relationship has never worked for me.

Even Sunderland!?!!!?

I'm sure that there are some really nice places near by. There's some sort of ignorance that everywhere north is shit.

I think I understand your point of view as you do live in Manchester, I would leave there for any increase in salary.

You'd love to live in my house x

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Not much point in keeping hold of a player who wants to be elsewhere. Am glad we had him and am grateful for his efforts but it's time to pocket the cash.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 12m
Today's analysis: Sell Bridcutt, use Ince/Andrews in his role and get another quality striker. #bhafc

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There's no doubt he's been our best player of the Amex era. I'm sorry but if you disagree I'd have to question your knowledge of the game as a team / tactical sport. If he was bigger he would have been playing in the Prem already.

However, there is no point keeping a want away player that you can get top dollar for. I'm not convinced that Andrews is the replacement. He had a great game against Reading but they were poor. Ince may be a holding midfielder but i like him marauding forwards. I think the key thing is that Bridcutt suited the Poyet style of play. With a rotating and quick passing midfield three he won't be as badly missed.

In short, sell, but ONLY at the right price. If Gus is taking the piss he can do one.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
If selling Bridcutt means we can hold onto our other players and maybe get one or two more in then its a deal done for me.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Losing your best player is never "good news" - let's just hope we negotiated a decent price and it will be reinvested straight back into the squad.

Oh right, thanks. Silly me. I thought that in my opinion it was.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
Are we even sure that TB would want to conduct any business that involves Gus after what happened, I'm sure Sunderland won't be the only club looking at him.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
There are times where it just feels like a natural point to agree a deal.

Saying that you still, as the selling club, have to stick by the simple principle: We only sell a player if the money you offer is too good to resist. Obvious I know but the amount of times I read we should sell him for a "fair price" shocks me. He's our player under contract.

If we manage to bag over £2.75m for a 24 year old defensive midfielder who has never played in the prem then I will be DELIGHTED, no matter how good he has been for us.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Are we even sure that TB would want to conduct any business that involves Gus after what happened, I'm sure Sunderland won't be the only club looking at him.

If your incredibly bitter then no. Besides, dont all the transfers at Sunderland go through their Director of Football (or whatever fancy name they have) ? Same kind of system as we have at BHAFC i believe.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
If your incredibly bitter then no. Besides, dont all the transfers at Sunderland go through their Director of Football (or whatever fancy name they have) ? Same kind of system as we have at BHAFC i believe.

Surely David Burke has to deal with this sort of thing and just rubber stamped by TB.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 12m
Today's analysis: Sell Bridcutt, use Ince/Andrews in his role and get another quality striker. #bhafc

Yes, which quality striker can we get for just £3m though?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, which quality striker can we get for just £3m though?

Maybe there will be some additional money made available to increase what we have to spend?

Aug 23, 2011
Funny way of looking at it. In a healthy relationship you discuss things and come to joint decisions. Let's hope that this is what they do, and that they decide that moving up there is not what they want.

yes ii'm sure they would discuss these things however (assuming he is the major earner in their household) his partner would have to be reasonable if he's going to treble his salary and that his career is a short one so needs to maximise it whilst he can. Its only going to be for a few years, its not like moving countries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here