Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt Close to Signing for Sunderland? (Sky Sports News)

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Will Buckley will always be an Amex hero just for scoring those goals that won us our opening day fixture. That was a must win if ever there has been!

But, as has been alluded too Will has been very inconsistent and if we can get £1million for him at least then I think that will represent good business. :)

Why would that represent good business, didn't he cost us £1m in the first place. Still has a big part to play as a squad player, and first team player when fully fit.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Bridcutt's head went ages ago and Buckley has one good game in every 15. Even if we don't buy in replacements I still think we're in good shape. Ince/Andrews and Kaz/Dave are more than adequate to fill their boots.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
2.5million for bridcutt rising to 5 million

What was wrong with the Bridcutt thread, which already is discussing this guess from the Mail?
EDIT: Been merged

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Since when did The Mail become an authority on or have a clue about football?

Is there a single football fanatic in the country who would choose The Mail for match reports or inside info?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Interesting to see how many people are actually accepting of this potential deal as opposed to the same time last year, when losing Bridcutt would have seemed catastrophic & NSC would have been in meltdown at the mere prospect.

I, like seemingly many others, think we could live with it, for a reasonable fee. It's quite nice not to feel our entire season depends on one man.

This

Bridcutt was SO much more important under Poyet. He was the link, picking the ball up after the requisite 37 spare passes along the back four, allowing the opposition to get organised, have a cup of tea and wait for the ball to be passed to them.

Under Oscar, we still pass it, but get the ball forward much quicker, sometimes through Bridcutt, sometimes (perish the thought), a longer ball.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Since when did The Mail become an authority on or have a clue about football?

Is there a single football fanatic in the country who would choose The Mail for match reports or inside info?

They might be missing something if not. For a paper read mainly by frightened middle-class women, they put a lot of money into their sports coverage. Very few sports columnists are better-connected than Charlie Sale, and football news correspondent Neil Ashton is a talent. For a Palace fan.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What was wrong with the Bridcutt thread, which already is discussing this guess from the Mail?

Somebody else guessed (or a leak) and then the Mail copied it. Mail reporters have got a lot of energy but they don't care so much about accuracy of the small details e.g. like if contracts have been exchanged, rather than agreed in principle.

I only have dealings with them on the environment, but the details often depend on the source anyway. Mail just don't double-check so much and the BBC treble-check everything and won't publish when the information is good enough.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They might be missing something if not. For a paper read mainly by frightened middle-class women, they put a lot of money into their sports coverage. Very few sports columnists are better-connected than Charlie Sale, and football news correspondent Neil Ashton is a talent. For a Palace fan.

Somebody else guessed (or a leak) and then the Mail copied it. Mail reporters have got a lot of energy but they don't care so much about accuracy.

A journalist says you're wrong.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Are we in a hurry to sell, do we need to sell? Sunderland have come to us therefore we have a stronger position. Sure they are going to start with a lower bid, however i'm sure the club know the real value of Bridcutt and thats not just in terms of a financial return. Clearly there is no love lost between TB and Poyet, therefore there will charge built in for the behaviour of Poyet and his antics which stalled our early season. If Sunderland so want Bridcutt they will have to pay the rate TB and his team value him at, there s no arbitration on this. AS for transfer rumours on Sky, they are just that, rumours. Lets wait there sno hurry here.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Interesting and surprising, you learn something every day.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Are we in a hurry to sell, do we need to sell? Sunderland have come to us therefore we have a stronger position. Sure they are going to start with a lower bid, however i'm sure the club know the real value of Bridcutt and thats not just in terms of a financial return. Clearly there is no love lost between TB and Poyet, therefore there will charge built in for the behaviour of Poyet and his antics which stalled our early season. If Sunderland so want Bridcutt they will have to pay the rate TB and his team value him at, there s no arbitration on this. AS for transfer rumours on Sky, they are just that, rumours. Lets wait there sno hurry here.

I would suspect the club would like to get any sales out of the way early to give us time to bring in new players with the proceeds well before deadline (panic buy) day.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

After all, our very own (when I say this I mean Albion fan) Paul Hayward won awards for his sports journalistic work whilst with the Mail, and he's not only a jolly fine chap, but also a very well respected and talented journalist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here