Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt Close to Signing for Sunderland? (Sky Sports News)

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
There is the FFP difference. We're selling our player of the year for the last two years in the transfer window and this has been funded for the Prem side with £5m spent on their player sales to Forest.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Despite not wanting him to go and being a bit worried about the message it sends out (selling one of the top players while going for the play offs isn't a good thing in my view) there is no way we can turn down 5 million. So thanks and good luck Liam.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Despite not wanting him to go and being a bit worried about the message it sends out (selling one of the top players while going for the play offs isn't a good thing in my view) there is no way we can turn down 5 million. So thanks and good luck Liam.

Agree with this. He's been injured most of this season and we've got cover in the midfield. Has been a fantastic player for us.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

We CAN turn down 5m. The issue here, I believe, is that Liam wants to leave and we would not want to keep a player that does not want to be here.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If the club were serious about promotion all key players would be kept until the summer, as we did with Bennet.:albion2:

Not if they've got some class players lined up that that money could be spent on. Besides, the emergence of Rohan Ince has made the sale of Bridcutt much easier - I'd be much more disappointed if we sold him instead of Bridcutt.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
5 million would be good amount. We can save on his wages, and then keep 2 million in bank for FFP, and the left overs (3 million) put towards getting replacements such as a decent striker and Conway etc.. Fortunately as has been said so many times, we have ready made replacements with Ince etc..

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Not if they've got some class players lined up that that money could be spent on. Besides, the emergence of Rohan Ince has made the sale of Bridcutt much easier - I'd be much more disappointed if we sold him instead of Bridcutt.

Utter rubbish we have a squad that has got us to within touching distance of the top 6, as when bennet left for the premier Liam needs to be told wait untill the end of the season.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
We CAN turn down 5m. The issue here, I believe, is that Liam wants to leave and we would not want to keep a player that does not want to be here.

I think you could well be spot-on. If a player wants out, generally speaking the club will (obviously) look to get as much as thet can for them so they can reinvest in the squad. Five million smackers will see young Liam plying his trade elsewhere. Sadly, it looks like my telling him (after the Leicester game) that Sundarland's shite & always bloody freezing seemingly hasn't worked especially well. :annoyed:

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
£5 million would be enough for me to sale, realistically his worth £3.5 million in my view. Great defensive midfielder but limitations in terms of creativity and goal scoring but an exceptional 'water carrier'.

Would be sad to see him go his the best midfielder I've seen at the Albion in the past 26 years supporting them.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Utter rubbish we have a squad that has got us to within touching distance of the top 6, as when bennet left for the premier Liam needs to be told wait untill the end of the season.

So you'd be disappointed if we sold him for 5m and then bought 2 players at 2m each that turned out to be as good as Ulloa?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Ideally an end of season sale would be better but I think that's not going to happen this time. I doubt very much that £5m is a price Sunderland are going to pay anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here