Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Brianna Ghey murder.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Just what is driving certain people to commit crimes like this, what is it stabbed 28 times there's some hatred there. Thoughts with the family.

and prayers.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Agreed that fear is an important part of life and one which contributes well to our survival. However that last point is untrue, for instance if I leave a suitcase full of dollar bills on the front seat of my car with the windows down, then I have not asked for the money to be stolen, but my poor stewardship of it has contributed to its loss.

Are you suggesting that being a complete and utter moron is a justifiable defence in support of what you do ? It could certainly explain some decisions made by the British electorate over the last few years :wink:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Are you suggesting that being a complete and utter moron is a justifiable defence in support of what you do ? It could certainly explain some decisions made by the British electorate over the last few years :wink:
Sad to compare such a tragic incident to British politics.
Sometimes I feel you need to think and reflect before making such insensitive posts.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Eh? Politics aside, that is far from what I alluded to. Quite the opposite, our actions, whether well-considered or ill-thought will surely have a consequence and therefore any defence is weakened.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Sad to compare such a tragic incident to British politics.
Sometimes I feel you need to think and reflect before making such insensitive posts.

And what is your view about the actual topic of the thread, rather than trolling it :shrug:

You'll find mine here, on the topic of this thread

These were some seriously disturbed kids and I hope they can find out why to try and stop anything similar, as I have with every horrendous case over the last 50 years.

Thompson has been rehabilitated, released over 20 years ago and hasn't reoffended, same with Mary Bell, but Venables :shrug:

I suspect that the reasons why a child kills another child (although incredibly rare) are very complex and thankfully, nothing I have ever had to deal with.

You choose what threads you want to troll, I'm off :bigwave:

Last edited:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Personally I feel some people are sadly just born evil. These two by all accounts had fairly normal upbringings, and whilst there could never be an excuse for something so awful, you can't even fathom how they came to do it at all.

SpongebobSquarepants

Jun 16, 2006
Sunny Worthing
Agreed, maybe the poster was possessed by a similar fugue to that which overcame Gary Newman when he lived in Waldron. Something bad happened that he read about nearby and he got scared and moved to Australia or somewhere because bad things don't ever happen over there do they?🤨
I’m not sure you could have got any more facts wrong here if you tried! Thats if it’s Gary Numan you are talking about?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I’m not sure you could have got any more facts wrong here if you tried! Thats if it’s Gary Numan you are talking about?
Yeah sorry for the typo. Perhaps the article I read was wrong or maybe I am delusional, probably. Sorry if that is the case, I recall reading an interview where he was saying pretty much what I said unless the crime had had happened to him personally? Can you enlighten me?

Found the piece I read and surprised it was the argus as I don't tend to look at that: https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/9207855.pop-legend-gary-numan-moving-to-america-over-fears-of-yobs/#:~:text=Eighties pop legend Gary Numan,them to the United States.

Okay I got USA and Oz mixed up but that seems immaterial to the point I made. Is this article wrong then?

Last edited:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I’d say the vast majority of the UK is very safe indeed. Your chances of being caught up in a random violent event are very, very low indeed.
Really? What about the massive number of stabbings by or on teenagers?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Really? What about the massive number of stabbings by or on teenagers?
Those by and large are not random events. A huge proportion are gang-related or resulting from some previous interaction between the people involved.

My point was that if you’re not in a gang, or caught up in some other criminal activity, the chances of you being attacked in the UK are broadly very small indeed.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Personally I feel some people are sadly just born evil. These two by all accounts had fairly normal upbringings, and whilst there could never be an excuse for something so awful, you can't even fathom how they came to do it at all.
I'm sure the internet was involved heavily, along their path. Glad I grew up without it.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Those by and large are not random events. A huge proportion are gang-related or resulting from some previous interaction between the people involved.

My point was that if you’re not in a gang, or caught up in some other criminal activity, the chances of you being attacked in the UK are broadly very small indeed.
I understand and accept your point about random attacks.
Will you accept that there is more terminal violence in society than there used to be?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Agreed that fear is an important part of life and one which contributes well to our survival. However that last point is untrue, for instance if I leave a suitcase full of dollar bills on the front seat of my car with the windows down, then I have not asked for the money to be stolen, but my poor stewardship of it has contributed to its loss.
Yes you're right. But I was thinking more of this sort of thing.......

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Will you accept that there is more terminal violence in society than there used to be?
There are certainly higher levels of violent crime overall, but there are less murders in the UK compared to 1990, so it is a nuanced topic for sure.

I don’t think the UK is an inherently more dangerous country for the average person than it has been for the previous few decades though.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022

I wouldn’t, not at all.

There has always been violence, but there never used to be means of hearing about it much beyond your own circle. I simply think we are exposed to a lot more knowledge of it because of the number of ways we get news these days, you read about it online, see it on tv etc.

We simply hear about it much, much more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here