[Politics] Brexit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
[tweet]1361741571620823052[/tweet]

Fantastic achievement in destroying one of Britain’s most successful exports. Really ****ing top work from the lads.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[tweet]1361741571620823052[/tweet]

Fantastic achievement in destroying one of Britain’s most successful exports. Really ****ing top work from the lads.

So 7 weeks on from Bojo's marvellous deal what exactly are the highlights? Who are the winners?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
So 7 weeks on from Bojo's marvellous deal what exactly are the highlights? Who are the winners?

You've got all that lovely sovereignty to bask in. Have you decided what you'll do with your sovereignty?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I don't remember anyone claiming we would have an immediate economic Brexit gain on here but I have seen an awful lot of Brexit is already a catastrophic economic disaster from your lot, therefore, I would have thought that if the UK performs broadly in line with other European countries you would all be pleasantly surprised ... as you say time will tell.

PS I don't want the EU to go tits up but I think it might eventually.

This reads like a very reasonable reply. But I'm not buying it and I'll tell you why.

1. You are convinced that our side has a vested interest in seeing the UK fail. You even us the foul term 5th columnists which is the clearest signposting of this position. It's irrefutable.

2. Fair enough, if that's your view. My line of argument is that you guys want the EU to fail and that this view is embedded far more than anything we are guilty of towards the UK.. And you deny this. Now come on, be sensible and own it.

Enough said from me on this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Clueless

[tweet]1361760755985641473[/tweet]

If only he’d actually paid attention during all those years of taking tax payers money (and still is, as he qualifies for an EU pension)

Council of Europe, European Court of Human Rights, and the 1998 U.K. Act of Human Rights, Mr Farage.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
This reads like a very reasonable reply. But I'm not buying it and I'll tell you why.

1. You are convinced that our side has a vested interest in seeing the UK fail. You even us the foul term 5th columnists which is the clearest signposting of this position. It's irrefutable.

2. Fair enough, if that's your view. My line of argument is that you guys want the EU to fail and that this view is embedded far more than anything we are guilty of towards the UK.. And you deny this. Now come on, be sensible and own it.

Enough said from me on this.

What I find odd but not surprising is why Brexiters go to great lengths to rebutt any suggestion that there are or were any Brexit benefits promised and post on here from an angle that a news story on economic effects may not be quite the armageddon that was predicted is something that justifies everything and feel smug in a way that suggests that somehow YOU are the stupid one.....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The gloomerati won't be happy ....

Brexit trade recovers

Data back government’s view that shipments are normalizing

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-channel-cargoes-rejected?utm_source=url_link

The pound has also been strengthening recently which is usually a sign of growing confidence in the economic outlook ... how odd.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

The article you link is all about France to UK trade, What we call 'Imports' :facepalm:

The rejection rate for cargo shipped from France to the U.K. fell to the lowest since the last week of November, an indication of reduced friction at the border, according to the the logistics company Transporeon.

This is the trade which has bugger all new rules and regulations, because the UK weren't capable of implementing any significant import controls until July (although it seems the port authorities think we may miss that), and the EU agreed to this. This is the actual way we have 'Taken Back Control', by running open borders.

It's where we send goods to the EU (what we call 'Exports') that currently have all the issues :dunce:

I've told you before, you really are unlucky at thinking. Stick to vacuous meaningless three word phrases and you will look less stupid. At least nobody congratulated you on this latest bit of buffoonery without reading or understanding the article ........... oh :lolol:

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The article you link is all about France to UK trade, What we call 'Imports' :facepalm:

The rejection rate for cargo shipped from France to the U.K. fell to the lowest since the last week of November, an indication of reduced friction at the border, according to the the logistics company Transporeon.

This is the trade which has bugger all new rules and regulations, because the UK aren't implementing any significant import controls until July. It's what we call 'Exports' that currently have all the issues :dunce:

I've told you before, you really are unlucky at thinking. Stick to vacuous meaningless three word phrases and you will look less stupid. At least nobody congratulated you on this latest bit of buffoonery [emoji38]ol:
Who cares ? The British People have had enough of exports.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The pound has also been strengthening recently which is usually a sign of growing confidence in the economic outlook ... how odd.

Jeez, you're right, and it surely has to be to do with Brexit given there are no other major events taking place which are likely to significantly boost the UK's economy in the next few months going on.

In unrelated news, the Israeli Shekel is doing pretty well too...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If only he’d actually paid attention during all those years of taking tax payers money (and still is, as he qualifies for an EU pension)

Funny isn't it how he's so hateful of the EU he'll happily take their money. Gosh he's just so principled.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Funny isn't it how he's so hateful of the EU he'll happily take their money. Gosh he's just so principled.
I've thankfully seen remarkably little of Farage lately. I obviously don't visit the websites that push his agenda or bother with the Facebook 'news' feed.

Long may his silence last.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

This is the trade which has bugger all new rules and regulations, because the UK weren't capable of implementing any significant import controls until July (although it seems the port authorities think we may miss that), and the EU agreed to this. This is the actual way we have 'Taken Back Control', by running open borders.

It's where we send goods to the EU (what we call 'Exports') that currently have all the issues :dunce:

I've told you before, you really are unlucky at thinking. Stick to vacuous meaningless three word phrases and you will look less stupid. At least nobody congratulated you on this latest bit of buffoonery without reading or understanding the article ........... oh :lolol:

On sterling..

I see a lot of Asian exporters are jacking up USD prices right now as its so weak.

Everyone has gained against USD, we are down in the last 12 months against Euro, AUD, Yen.

Sterling has recovered a bit but not a lot.

The Telegraph is a funny old paper these days, a shadow of what it used to be when I was a lad...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports