Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It would be really bad for mobile operators to start charging more, they just wouldn't do it

Jesus, naive in the extreme. You clearly have no idea about this do you? Do you know what started this legislation in the first place?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And then what? You always bang on about this but what do you envisage to happen after, theoretically, we vote for Brexit and the EU collapses? What would you want then? You talk about with such barely disguised glee you must have a vision for what is next.

They don't know. Not one single Brexiter has presented anything about how a post-exit Britain might look. They bang on about doing deals with every nation under the sun but no one has said they'd be happy to discuss. The U.K. economy is tanking, the pound is collapsing, unemployment rising yet we want to leave a trading block which is out stripping both the UK and the US. If you want to leave at least time it better. Absolutely bonkers.

D

Deleted member 22389

Jesus, naive in the extreme. You clearly have no idea about this do you? Do you know what started this legislation in the first place?

Explain it then, but a Brexit wouldn't make any difference. Mobile phone companies want our business.

D

Deleted member 22389

They don't know. Not one single Brexiter has presented anything about how a post-exit Britain might look. They bang on about doing deals with every nation under the sun but no one has said they'd be happy to discuss. The U.K. economy is tanking, the pound is collapsing, unemployment rising yet we want to leave a trading block which is out stripping both the UK and the US. If you want to leave at least time it better. Absolutely bonkers.

But we do know how Remain looks and honestly it looks really crap from here. About 50% of this country agree with me. If unemployment is rising like you say it is, then you must agree having control of your borders is a good idea then.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
In fairness though, that pales into insignificance when compared to the incredibly stupid suggestion that Brexit is only supported by the far right and perverts/sexual predators (including presumably, according to him, 193 NSCers who have voted 'out').

In fairness though I've never suggested that. Was it on here? (If it was it might have been in response to suggestions that Inners are traitorous wet dream lying Tories with even fewer balls than Hitler. It's all nonsense.)

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
But we do know how Remain looks and honestly it looks really crap from here. About 50% of this country agree with me. If unemployment is rising like you say it is, then you must agree having control on your borders is a good idea then.

Maybe there is a different slant put on it where HT lives.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
The population decreases by 5 million within 5 years,fear not it's only potatoe pickers that go,people with skills still come here on work permits,we get good returns of income tax on those,the savings of the lost 5 million eases the burden of all of us,the feckless are made to pick potatoes.

Sounds a real utopia. And for the rest of the countries that used to be in the newly collapsed EU? What for our relationship with them? Or does it not matter as the drawbridge has been pulled up and the only interaction we are interested with them now is in the perpetual trade deal negotiations?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maybe there is a different slant put on it where HT lives.

Given UK unemployment is 25% higher than German I guess there is.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Sounds a real utopia. And for the rest of the countries that used to be in the newly collapsed EU? What for our relationship with them? Or does it not matter as the drawbridge has been pulled up and the only interaction we are interested with them now is in the perpetual trade deal negotiations?

As a shop owner i still trade with my suppliers and sell to my customers...it's just as a favor i can no longer house and feed the suppliers families too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If unemployment is rising like you say it is, should we not have control over our borders?

My go-to solution is to create jobs. Choking off the resource is not a good idea.

Besides, the U.K. has control over its borders; everyone has their passports are checked when entering the UK.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
How has Germany done so well given that it must be suffocated by EU legislation and virtually unable to trade with the rest of the world?

Like Japan......it started afresh and was also given a help in hand along the way....not totally the reason but major factors.

D

Deleted member 22389

My go-to solution is to create jobs. Choking off the resource is not a good idea.

Besides, the U.K. has control over its borders; everyone has their passports are checked when entering the UK.

Nobody said they wanted to choke off the resource, what we want is a proper points based system and not a free for all like we currently have. Since the EU will never give us the sensible option, Remain loses on this argument. Even if we are in the deepest recession we would still have a free for all. It doesn't make sense to people I'm afraid.

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
How has Germany done so well given that it must be suffocated by EU legislation and virtually unable to trade with the rest of the world?

You mean - how did Germany find the resourses to rebuild all it's ruined cities after the war while the UK was broke? - Aryan genes! What else?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

No need to run down blighty with hysterical exaggerations and misinformation old boy. Have you been drinking?

THE recovery in the 19-strong euro area is continuing but it is nothing to write home about. Growth had picked up to 0.5% in the first quarter of 2015 (compared with the final quarter of 2014), the strongest performance since the upswing started in the spring of 2013. Since then, however, the pace of expansion has slackened, to 0.4% last spring and an average quarterly rate of 0.3% in the second half of last year. Indeed, euro-zone GDP in the final quarter of 2015 was still below its pre-crisis peak of early 2008 whereas America’s was almost 10% above its peak of late 2007... The sluggish pace of the recovery has been especially disappointing given the fact that the euro area has benefited from a double fillip. First, the fall in energy prices caused by the collapse in the oil price acted in much the same way as a tax cut, boosting consumer spending—the main engine of the recovery. Second, the European Central Bank has carried out quantitative easing—creating money to buy financial assets—since March 2015. ..The outlook for growth in 2016 now looks feebler and more uncertain following the sharp falls in European equity markets, particularly of banking shares, since the start of the year. To the extent that this setback to stockmarkets undermines consumer and business confidence, it is likely to drag down growth.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2016/02/taking-europe-s-pulse

UK GDP recovered past the 2008 levels back in mid 2014

Given UK unemployment is 25% higher than German I guess there is.

Germany 4.2%,UK 5%, EU 8.8%, Eurozone 10.2%

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here