Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Strange given so many remainers said that an EU army WASN'T on the cards or even being considered. *** Consider the cease fire broken ***

Next .... discussions on Turkey joining the EU ( apparently never going to happen ! ).
Yep, as stated (and scoffed at on here) Farage said that an EU army was being planned, worth noting he has also stated that Italy would need a bail out in October.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It's a long way of but I think Germany will have purchased England in 30 years time.

(Joke)

:lolol: Funniest thing I've heard for ages!They will not have any cash left for decades after bailing out Portugal,Italy,Greece again,and perhaps Spain,without our cash,this time!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
What is your point? Even the hardline leavers will cringe at one liners like this

More likely to cringe at your pointless intervention.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Meanwhile all is not well between Hungary and The EU - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37347352
The whole migrant crisis was caused by the EU polices regarding refuges and asylum seekers etc.It was obvious that Europe would get a massive influx due to policies towards them once they set foot on European land.
Merkel made it worse and until these hideous policies are scrapped and borders are returned this will never end:glare:

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
No they won't. Jobs would be lost they said. Housing markets would collapse they said. Etc etc .

Err not before anything has even happened, there was a fluctuation in the markets and that was to be expected, now it is just talk until "Brexit means Brexit". I think you will find that most remainers are more concerned with long term damage to the economy rather than speculation.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Pointless how? A record month of growth has no bearing on the vote, the negotiations have barely begun. I think you will find that i'm firmly in the camp of remainders who fear for the future not what is happening right now

But the decision has been made, the world know it, business leaders know it, the markets know it, its all factored in and its clear that Brexit is seen as do-able, a bit of horse trading no doubt but we have a strong and big enough economy to see it through.

Irrespective of the referendum, you nor I can possibly foresee the future, its always uncertain, unknown things happen, even the most ardent Remainers must acknowledge its all been a bit of a damp squib for those powerful and influential leader's that thought they could sell us a lemon on the back of project fear.

Its no good waiting in the wings waiting for something to offer your pessimism a lift, there will be a snippet of average data interpreted as a downturn, so relax yourself, it wont however be because of Brexit just normal global market forces doing what global markets do.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
But the decision has been made, the world know it, business leaders know it, the markets know it, its all factored in and its clear that Brexit is seen as do-able, a bit of horse trading no doubt but we have a strong and big enough economy to see it through.

Irrespective of the referendum, you nor I can possibly foresee the future, its always uncertain, unknown things happen, even the most ardent Remainers must acknowledge its all been a bit of a damp squib for those powerful and influential leader's that thought they could sell us a lemon on the back of project fear.

Its no good waiting in the wings waiting for something to offer your pessimism a lift, there will be a snippet of average data interpreted as a downturn, so relax yourself, it wont however be because of Brexit just normal global market forces doing what global markets do.

But exactly what is factored in? No one yet knows the UK's negotiating position, let alone the outcome. Davis is saying one thing, most MPs think another, Johnson is setting up an intra-cabinet pressure group to fight for a hard Brexit (having previously said he was in favour of a soft one), Arron Banks is planning a Momentum of the Right to keep the Tory Party 'clean', the Chancellor appears to be in favour of remaining in the single market, the Prime Minister seems to agree but thinks she can achieve it with limited controls on immigration, major European politicians say she can't (but maybe they're bluffing), Fox is agreeing that it will be 'very difficult' to conclude EU negotiations within the 2yr time frame and commentators of some influence are saying that it is vital that we do remain in the single market and, who knows, maybe their views will have some sway. Or maybe they won't. Who knows?

I am interested in your absolute certainty that any downturn won't be down to Brexit.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Err not before anything has even happened, there was a fluctuation in the markets and that was to be expected, now it is just talk until "Brexit means Brexit". I think you will find that most remainers are more concerned with long term damage to the economy rather than speculation.

Short term pain long term gain. Trust me. We will prosper.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Short term pain long term gain. Trust me. We will prosper.

Love to trust you but reasoned evidence would be good. Meanwhile, just to get this right, are you saying that in, say, ten years' time we will have trade deals with bigger and more vibrant markets than we would have done had we remained part of the EU? And even if so, why would we be more successful in trading with these markets than we have been in dealing with the EU single market?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Love to trust you but reasoned evidence would be good. Meanwhile, just to get this right, are you saying that in, say, ten years' time we will have trade deals with bigger and more vibrant markets than we would have done had we remained part of the EU? And even if so, why would we be more successful in trading with these markets than we have been in dealing with the EU single market?

Its called keeping your fingers crossed these new exciting markets come good in a decade

The here and now is keeping 50% of our trade in a place called Europe is first priority, without it best start shopping around for medical insurance.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Utterly shameful response

Are you for real? this isn't Twitter, could you possibly go into a bit more detail explaining your point, i'll ignore the "utterly shameful" comment as it is frankly absurd but I'd love to know what bullet pointing a month of growth actually achieves. Are you saying the out vote was a success because of it, a contributing factor or what? Seriously I'm curious.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Juncker also mentioned racist attacks since Brexit even sighting the murder in Essex and quite rightly that is disgusting,bit odd though that we never hear of what is going on in other EU countries from the asaid person.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Are you for real? this isn't Twitter, could you possibly go into a bit more detail explaining your point, i'll ignore the "utterly shameful" comment as it is frankly absurd but I'd love to know what bullet pointing a month of growth actually achieves. Are you saying the out vote was a success because of it, a contributing factor or what? Seriously I'm curious.
I suppose my point was" the end is not nigh"

Cringeworthy stuff indeed...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here