Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A new referendum in a few months? Quite comical.

Do you know how many months it would take for a New Reforendum Act to pass from first reading to actual implementation, even if agreed on?
But that aside have you heard the Tory Government mention they will be putting forward a new Act and a new vote....have you(in actual reality)?

It seems on Planet Clamp this has happened i suppose, but if you are hearing things now and along with your usual need to simply invent brexit matters in your head i would give your head a wobble and see if anything rattles back into place.

Ooh, 'ere she is.

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I've ALWAYS loved being British. That's why I dislike what is being done to it so much.

I always love British,not past tense here,still love......regardless.

Edit......i have re-red this post and as a result i stand corrected..:ffsparr:

Last edited:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Back in the real world, the Brexiteers are discovering that extracting ourselves from Europe is, indeed, going to take a helluva long time. The fact that none of them has a plan to start with is a problem. But even when that plan emerges it will be a decade at least before we see a properly "independent" UK. My guess is that we'll all get pissed off long before then, and the whole Brexit thing will die a death. Fingers crossed anyway!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Back in the real world, the Brexiteers are discovering that extracting ourselves from Europe is, indeed, going to take a helluva long time. The fact that none of them has a plan to start with is a problem. But even when that plan emerges it will be a decade at least before we see a properly "independent" UK. My guess is that we'll all get pissed off long before then, and the whole Brexit thing will die a death. Fingers crossed anyway!
Another complete load of rubbish I'm afraid.

Back in the real world the only people I've seen frothing at the mouth at the slow pace of Brexit have been remainers. All of the people I know who have voted out have the same reasonable expectation as me in that it is understood that it will take a lot of time and effort. Ten years? Sorry, more bunkum. And as for petering out, keep living in your little fantasy world.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

10yrs I'll be retired by then and past caring

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Another complete load of rubbish I'm afraid.

Back in the real world the only people I've seen frothing at the mouth at the slow pace of Brexit have been remainers. All of the people I know who have voted out have the same reasonable expectation as me in that it is understood that it will take a lot of time and effort. Ten years? Sorry, more bunkum. And as for petering out, keep living in your little fantasy world.

So glad you said it. Those i know that have voted out know / knew it would not be plain sailing.
The one thing the "Brexiteers :rolleyes:" have realised is that the UK has not sunk, the economy is not on its knees...... and 10 weeks on the Remoaners are still whinging and whining and not excepting the democratic vote. On and on they whine on.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Hate to interrupt your impromptu little post-Brexit group therapy session, but I'd just like to point out that the principle of self governance goes beyond trivial restrictions such as vacuum cleaner wattage. Look at Ireland, whose fundamental fiscal policy decisions have been overridden. Not so trivial in this case.

This may cover as a surprise but self governance is a source of national pride to some people. And these people are not necessarily your intellectual inferiors.

Ireland has not had it's fundamental fiscal policy overridden, it has had it's fiscal policy with one company overridden, if Apple paid 12.5%, which is the fundamental corporation tax rate in Ireland, there would be no problem.
Self governance does go beyond the seemingly trivial standards and limits set for varying reasons, it will potentially allow the UK to not monitor and improve air quality in cities, as we argued against doing, dispose of the working time directive, that we argued against having, and various other awful impositions, plus we get to have a much larger government to deal with all the bureaucracy that the EU dealt with on our behalf, or, what is more likely, we will just adopt all their standards as part of negotiated access to the single market, pay a fee of similar proportions to that which we paid as members and just not have any say in stuff anymore. It will be so good to take back control.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Wrong. I presume where you live you have some kind of fence, boundary around your house. Would you take down your fences and then allow everyone to trample across your front lawn, the answer would be no. The same applies to our own borders, we need to enforce some type of control, not because we hate people but because there is only a certain amount of access our infrastructure can cope with.

If those people trampling my front lawn were paying taxes to pay the pensions of the retired folks in my house, the medical fees for my family and the school fees for my kids, it would bother me not too much, and as it happens, it seems most of these lawn wreckers are doing just that.
Lack of housing, failing NHS and not enough good schools is not a problem purely caused by young fit men willing to work hard and sleep 4 to a room from Poland.
Actually, I feel that immigration has been too high for a few years, but the EU is not to blame, we had a right to limit immigration from the accession countries at the start, and did not, when most other countries did. This meant that for those first 7 years, more Poles and others came here than went anywhere else, then once the rest of the EU opened up, still more came here because they had friends and family already here. Blame Tony EFFING Blair.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So glad you said it. Those i know that have voted out know / knew it would not be plain sailing.
The one thing the "Brexiteers :rolleyes:" have realised is that the UK has not sunk, the economy is not on its knees...... and 10 weeks on the Remoaners are still whinging and whining and not excepting the democratic vote. On and on they whine on.

10 weeks on from a result that puts us close to leaving the EU, whilst not actually guaranteeing that we will soon, or ever. I do not expect the UK to really sink until we actually put the hole in it.

D

Deleted member 22389

10 weeks on from a result that puts us close to leaving the EU, whilst not actually guaranteeing that we will soon, or ever. I do not expect the UK to really sink until we actually put the hole in it.

I think we have done enough forecasting on NSC to last us a lifetime now, and none of it has actually come true.

Last edited by a moderator:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Ooh, 'ere she is.

yes "ere" i am
But where are you? Why do you avoid questions put to you?

I did inform you previously i would continue to question your made up in your head delusions......but you keep on posting stuff you invent in your head......so here we are.
You seem reluctant to answer your previous stated delusions

1/ Which workers rights have been lost like you claim according to your predictions since the brexit vote
2/ Who is organising a second referendum to be carried out in a "few months" like you claim will happen.

Two very easy questions to answer even for you,
(saying that you have 40 posts on a thread of over 1000 pages with you already being the clear winner as someone who is clearly out of his depth on the subject matter)

D

Deleted member 22389

yes "ere" i am

I did inform you previously i would continue to question your made up in your head delusions......but you keep on posting stuff you invent in your head......so here we are.

1/ Which workers rights have been lost like you claim according to your predictions since the brexit vote
2/ Who is organising a second referendum to be carried out in a "few months" like you claim will happen.

(saying that you have 40 posts on a thread of over 1000 pages with you already being the clear winner as someone who is clearly out of his depth on the subject matter)

I don't know how some remainers honestly get up out of bed in the morning, however if you offered them the opportunity of this country joining the EU fully which included adopting the Euro they would refuse it. They want the best of both worlds, at least the people who voted Leave are clear about what they want and that is a divorce from the EU. We had 15 - 20 years of the same old shite, now it is our turn to get something back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How come you can find the time to post this pointless "squabbling toddler" sh!t, but can't find the time to properly explain your position as per our conversation yesterday?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
How come you can find the time to post this pointless "squabbling toddler" sh!t, but can't find the time to properly explain your position as per our conversation yesterday?
Rather than keep explaining, keep repeating the same answers to the same questions, which you hope will be a different outcome, I just put down my posts. If you want answers then look up my previous posts.... You seem to have plenty of time on your hands. Meanwhile most of the Leave supporters are out working.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Rather than keep explaining, keep repeating the same answers to the same questions, which you hope will be a different outcome, I just put down my posts. If you want answers then look up my previous posts.... You seem to have plenty of time on your hands. Meanwhile most of the Leave supporters are out working.
I have kept tabs on this thread and you have never explained your position properly. I'm only asking you nicely to respond to the three points you suggested were good reasons for leaving. I've given you my reasons why I don't agree with any of them, now I'm just asking if you'd do me the courtesy of explaining where I'm wrong.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
yes "ere" i am

Oh do get over your precious self.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

When the certainty of what we have done finally sinks in and the full implications revealed that's when I expect the crash. Not much will change in the next couple of years while we still pay our contribution to the EU and retain it's benefits. The stock market is doing artificially well due to the lack of other investment options but when companies have to start adapting to the loss of markets and companies bail out to be based in the EU that is when we really hit the buffers.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
When the certainty of what we have done finally sinks in and the full implications revealed that's when I expect the crash. Not much will change in the next couple of years while we still pay our contribution to the EU and retain it's benefits. The stock market is doing artificially well due to the lack of other investment options but when companies have to start adapting to the loss of markets and companies bail out to be based in the EU that is when we really hit the buffers.

This. Problems haven't even begun yet.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Ireland has not had it's fundamental fiscal policy overridden, it has had it's fiscal policy with one company overridden, if Apple paid 12.5%, which is the fundamental corporation tax rate in Ireland, there would be no problem.

Ireland's contention is that Apple is not liable to pay 12.5% on all profits in the Ireland company because it is not a resident company and they are excluded from tax (the assumption is that they will be taxed elsewhere, when the profit is moved to the parent country). EU have already told the Irish to change their law, which they have done, and now want back taxes to apply because they say so. we'll see who wins the particular case, either way EU already changed Irelands tax law.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

'sinks in', 'full implications', retain its benefits', doing artificially well', 'lack of other investment options', loss of markets', 'hit the buffers'.

Are you for real ?

Do you not think the markets have not already factored this in, you and your mates seem to be in denial, you cant keep shifting the goalposts upstream forecasting imminent catastrophe, waiting for that one bit of bad news that you can then associate with your minority view, give it a rest wont ya ......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here