[Politics] Brexit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Lets see how these companies who are supposedly moving to Paris like the French tax regime and all the employment law they will have to comply with , in other words they WONT go.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
When countries won their independence, there was a lot of early problems. Ireland civil war, India/ Pakistan. We may have economical problems for a few years, but in the long term, this country will reap the benefits in the long term.

The EU was a noble idea of the 1970's, and has had benefits until now. 2016. This is a global economy now and a very different world.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Bank of England Carney: "The pound has fallen by more than 1% after Bank of England governor Mark Carney hinted at fresh economic stimulus measures.
He said it was likely "some monetary policy easing" would be required in response to the Brexit vote.
A deteriorating economic outlook means action from the Bank is likely during the summer, Mr Carney said.
The Bank's key interest rate - currently at a record low of 0.5% - is its chief tool of monetary policy.
A cut in interest rates would have a knock-on effect on savings rates, and makes the pound a less attractive currency to hold and do business in."

D

Deleted member 22389

Bank of England Carney: "Warns of risk to economy from Brexit, it is now more complex, and the forecasting models are less reliable"

And when we get a new Prime Minister and a plan it will become less complex.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
And when we get a new Prime Minister and a plan it will become less complex.

Things may be less complex when we get a new PM, but they will still be very complex and will continue to be complex until we have fully exited the EU and finalised all the trade deals, new legislation and law etc. Things will be complex for the next 5-10 years, albeit less so as time goes on.

D

Deleted member 22389

Things may be less complex when we get a new PM, but they will still be very complex and will continue to be complex until we have fully exited the EU and finalised all the trade deals, new legislation and law etc. Things will be complex for the next 5-10 years, albeit less so as time goes on.

As for law it might not be as complex as people think. I heard on the radio they would just use all the existing EU rules we have now and adapt for use in this country.

D

Deleted member 22389

No it won't become less complex.

Did you listen to his 3/4 hr live TV press talk?

No I didn't. Tell me in your mind, what is the absolute worst that can happen here?
We have had recessions before and survived.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
As for law it might not be as complex as people think. I heard on the radio they would just use all the existing EU rules we have now and adapt for use in this country.

I read in the paper it will take 10 years of Queen's speeches. I don't believe anything I'm hearing anymore.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Leave voters are either stupid and/or in utter denial. Look at the figures, look at the ramifications of what you have done. And where is your champion now? Done a runner.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
No I didn't. Tell me in your mind, what is the absolute worst that can happen here?
We have had recessions before and survived.

Just because we survive doesn't make it ok!

Unless this is literally the end of the planet and everyone dies, we will survive!

D

Deleted member 22389

Let's just see what happens. We don't even know who the Prime Minister is yet.
Yes it's worrying when I see companies saying they are thinking of leaving, but then you read other stories that say it is false.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports