Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can't be arsed with you to be honest. Five minutes ago, you didn't want to engage as you were flouncing. Now you do. Make your mind up. You take offense to the most trivial things - here you first accused me of being "rude and aggressive" simply for calling bollocks on your assertion that "the voting system is not the issue, it is the electorate". I've fully explained why I think that is rubbish and called out your hypocrisy on democracy.

At no point did you ever ask that. What you actually said was "I am not even going to begin to engage with attempts to find a system that stops the party with the biggest vote forming a government" which sounds intransigent and is nothing but a straw man argument - because nobody ever said a system should be designed to do that. I gave the example of communists or fascists being the largest minority party, and you've ignored it.

Yes of course I'd prefer a coalition. Government by consensus is FAR more healthy than a government doing as it pleases with less than half the population supporting it.

So get off your high horse, you're not on the moral high ground. And grow a slightly thicker skin whilst you're at it.

I'm still here. I didn't flounce. You haven't made one supportable point. You have taken what I said out of context. I pointed out you are rude, which is a fact. This has nothing to do with the thickness of my skin.

The bottom line is you don't have PR or a coalition, and you won't get them. Dry your eyes.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm still here. I didn't flounce. You haven't made one supportable point. You have taken what I said out of context. I pointed out you are rude, which is a fact. This has nothing to do with the thickness of my skin.

The bottom line is you don't have PR or a coalition, and you won't get them. Dry your eyes.
No you did flounce. And if I'm rude, then you're a smug, irritating prick who cries at anyone who disagrees with him - supported by your embarrassing, childish overzealous use of the ignore feature.

Meanwhile we also have Brexit and a Tory government. Dry yours.

Edit: I'd also be interested to know which bit you think I've taken out of context.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No you did flounce. And if I'm rude, then you're a smug, irritating prick who cries at anyone who disagrees with him - supported by your embarrassing, childish overzealous use of the ignore feature.

Meanwhile we also have Brexit and a Tory government. Dry yours.
So, you have a longstanding antipathy towards me, then. That would explain the rudeness.

Perhaps you might consider growing up?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So, you have a longstanding antipathy towards me, then. That would explain the rudeness.

Perhaps you might consider growing up?
You think your boring smugness and inability to debate robustly would be solved by me growing up?

A reminder: your last post was this and yet you're calling on me to grow up?
"The bottom line is you don't have PR or a coalition, and you won't get them. Dry your eyes."

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I will get us back on track by restating that Brexit is a clusterfuck of EPIC proportions.

Motor Insurance going through the roof due to increased costs and shipping times for parts, who saw that one coming ?

I'm sure the original Chinese torture only caused death by a thousand cuts :shrug:

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Motor Insurance going through the roof due to increased costs and shipping times for parts, who saw that one coming ?

I'm sure the original Chinese torture only caused death by a thousand cuts :shrug:
I hope those who voted Leave appreciate this point whenever they get an ASTRONOMICAL quote for a vehicle policy.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
No more Johnson or Corbyn choices, a bit like grown up politics is conducted elsewhere in the world :shrug:
What, like Italy? (68 Governments in 76 years)

BTW, I'd like to get rid of FFTP - Blair had the chance, but why would any Govt. with a huge majority get rid of a system that's got them elected?

Some form of PR is needed, but it has to be carefully thougt out - and it will never happen unless we see a hung Parliment with Lib Dems holding the balance of power.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What, like Italy? (68 Governments in 76 years)

BTW, I'd like to get rid of FFTP - Blair had the chance, but why would any Govt. with a huge majority get rid of a system that's got them elected?

Some form of PR is needed, but it has to be carefully thougt out - and it will never happen unless we see a hung Parliment with Lib Dems holding the balance of power.

It's funny how Italy is always used as an example.

I was thinking maybe a bit more like Germany, Hungary, Mexico, New Zealand, Republic of Korea, Tajikistan, Thailand, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Bolivia, Djibouti, Guyana, Lesotho, Libya, Madagascar, Nepal, Republic of Moldova, Sudan, Argentina, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Benin, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Andorra, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Egypt, Georgia, Japan, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Lithuania, Mauritania, Niger, North Macedonia, Panama, Philippines, Russian Federation, Senegal, Seychelles, Ukraine, Venezuela, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, Greece, Guatemala, Guinea-Bissau, Honduras, Iceland, Indonesia, Israel, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, North Macedonia, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Norway, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Rwanda, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tunisia, Türkiye Uruguay, Ireland or Malta :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
It's funny how Italy is always used as an example.

I was thinking maybe a bit more like Germany, Hungary, Mexico, New Zealand, Republic of Korea, Tajikistan, Thailand, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Bolivia, Djibouti, Guyana, Lesotho, Libya, Madagascar, Nepal, Republic of Moldova, Sudan, Argentina, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Benin, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Andorra, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Egypt, Georgia, Japan, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Lithuania, Mauritania, Niger, North Macedonia, Panama, Philippines, Russian Federation, Senegal, Seychelles, Ukraine, Venezuela, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, Greece, Guatemala, Guinea-Bissau, Honduras, Iceland, Indonesia, Israel, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, North Macedonia, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Norway, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Rwanda, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tunisia, Türkiye Uruguay, Ireland or Malta :wink:
Why woudn't Italy be used as an example - they use PR?

I almost stopped reading at Hungary, then I thought no - I'll carry on - but I really did stop when you listed Albania, Djibouti and Libya. :ROFLMAO:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Why woudn't Italy be used as an example - they use PR?

I almost stopped reading at Hungary, then I thought no - I'll carry on - but I really did stop when you listed Albania, Djibouti and Libya. :ROFLMAO:
he is a very strange individual , to list all those countries....space cadet , think his 5th jab got him..:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here