Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's great to see that the UK is now fully back in the EU Horizon programme after 2 years out in the wilderness with a huge loss of research and business for UK institutions.

The political significance of this is that Starmer can now point to the Tories as opening the door towards more pragmatic arrangements with EU. Hopefully, Erasmus and Europol will follow, and some kind of Customs Union because we can't credibly sustain a position of waiving through all goods from the EU with no checks, as some of these goods originate from outside the EU (not to mention the increased risk of crime).

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's great to see that the UK is now fully back in the EU Horizon programme after 2 years out in the wilderness with a huge loss of research and business for UK institutions.

The political significance of this is that Starmer can now point to the Tories as opening the door towards more pragmatic arrangements with EU. Hopefully, Erasmus and Europol will follow, and some kind of Customs Union because we can't credibly sustain a position of waiving through all goods from the EU with no checks, as some of these goods originate from outside the EU (not to mention the increased risk of crime).

UK’s years out of EU Horizon programme did ‘untold damage’, say scientists​

Britain may have rescued its scientific fortunes with a last-minute decision to rejoin the EU’s Horizon research programme – but the move should not be treated as a cause for jubilation, scientists have warned.

Last week’s final announcement that ministers had decided to go ahead with rejoining Horizon was greeted with joy and relief by many senior scientists. But some of their colleagues have since warned that being locked out of Horizon for so long has done irreversible damage to UK science. This was a time when Britain could have taken key leading roles in major programmes on climate change, AI and new medicines.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...n&cvid=22f1ceb8606d4ba1b81270bdb0f51570&ei=28

I wonder what the top British economists will make of the time that we are locked out of the Single Market and Customs Union. I guess it's just lucky that we can totally ignore experts now :shootself

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

UK’s years out of EU Horizon programme did ‘untold damage’, say scientists​

Britain may have rescued its scientific fortunes with a last-minute decision to rejoin the EU’s Horizon research programme – but the move should not be treated as a cause for jubilation, scientists have warned.

Last week’s final announcement that ministers had decided to go ahead with rejoining Horizon was greeted with joy and relief by many senior scientists. But some of their colleagues have since warned that being locked out of Horizon for so long has done irreversible damage to UK science. This was a time when Britain could have taken key leading roles in major programmes on climate change, AI and new medicines.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...n&cvid=22f1ceb8606d4ba1b81270bdb0f51570&ei=28

I wonder what the top British economists will make of the time that we are locked out of the Single Market and Customs Union. I guess it's just lucky that we can totally ignore experts now :shootself
A lot of programmes last 7 years, very damaging.

What about the music industry, how is that going in the brave new world?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Also shows just how thick Brexiteers are. They think the proms is nothing more than the “last night” concerts.

They have no idea that it is a month long celebration of music from all over the world.

What a bunch of triggered, angry, thickos.
Good job you are here to inform and educate.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Good job you are here to inform and educate.
It could have been more informative and educational, he missed out dishonest and hypocritical.

So which way are you now claiming you voted, for or against ? Or, as per normal, whatever suits your narrative for today :facepalm:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What an admission! Oven ready deal, my foot.

So they finally admit that at the same time Johnson, Frost and the cabal were negotiating and selling their 'good deal', they always thought it was shit, were hoping it would collapse, so they could get 'something better'. Liars to the end, it's somehow appropriate that the same cabal are still stuck with it :wanker:

Just a shame they f***ed over the rest of Britain in the process :shootself

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Starmer finally breaking cover on Brexit, Johnson's TCA was shite and needs to be rewritten.

Low hanging fruit if we ever want to the economy properly growing again...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I notice a couple of posters trying to wedge Brexit into everything from Albion's first choice keeper poll to the alternatives to Falmer, so just for them, and to keep those threads on topic, an update from one of Brexit's longest term hardliners

This is the real reason that Brexit 'hard man' Steve Baker wants a border poll supermajority​

Baker claimed that he now regrets that the UK's Brexit vote did not require the support of 60% of those who voted, and went on to add that it would therefore not be advisable in any future vote on Irish unification to accept a '50% plus one' decision.

Blaming the Brexit fiasco on the 'losing side's' inability to accept the outcome is laughable. At no point does he acknowledge that Britain's imperial fantasies have led to them haemorrhaging relevance, power and credibility. The real reason that Brexit has been a failure is that it was based on lies and deceit. There is no buyer's remorse, no self-reflection and no honest assessment of the disastrous outworking of this calamity.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/othe...1&cvid=4cfce8980cea4a26b50a7eedfcc50850&ei=20

And still telling whatever lies he thinks may benefit him and be sucked up by the most gullible :dunce:

*edit* Almost 60 seconds for a thumbsup. Sadly, I've had better stalkers :lolol:

potg7.jpg

Last edited:

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
I notice a couple of posters trying to wedge Brexit into everything from Albion's first choice keeper poll to the alternatives to Falmer, so just for them, and to keep those threads on topic, an update from one of Brexit's longest term hardliners

This is the real reason that Brexit 'hard man' Steve Baker wants a border poll supermajority​

Baker claimed that he now regrets that the UK's Brexit vote did not require the support of 60% of those who voted, and went on to add that it would therefore not be advisable in any future vote on Irish unification to accept a '50% plus one' decision.

Blaming the Brexit fiasco on the 'losing side's' inability to accept the outcome is laughable. At no point does he acknowledge that Britain's imperial fantasies have led to them haemorrhaging relevance, power and credibility. The real reason that Brexit has been a failure is that it was based on lies and deceit. There is no buyer's remorse, no self-reflection and no honest assessment of the disastrous outworking of this calamity.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/othe...1&cvid=4cfce8980cea4a26b50a7eedfcc50850&ei=20

And still telling whatever lies he thinks may benefit him and be sucked up by the most gullible :dunce:

*edit* Almost 60 seconds for a thumbsup. Sadly, I've had better stalkers :lolol:

View attachment 168917
The article in the link is spot on. This snake is just trying to move the goal posts so any future re-join vote would need 60% instead of the 50% that gave us Brexit.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The article in the link is spot on. This snake is just trying to move the goal posts so any future re-join vote would need 60% instead of the 50% that gave us Brexit.
I don't think they realise just how damaging to democracy all this pissing about is. In what sane country could 52-48 be enough to take you out of the EU but 59-41 be insufficient to rejoin the EU?

This is the sort of counter-intuitive guff you'd expect from MPs elected by First Past The Post and used to winning seats with 40-45% of the votes cast.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I don't think they realise just how damaging to democracy all this pissing about is. In what sane country could 52-48 be enough to take you out of the EU but 59-41 be insufficient to rejoin the EU?

This is the sort of counter-intuitive guff you'd expect from MPs elected by First Past The Post and used to winning seats with 40-45% of the votes cast.
I think they DO know it's damaging for democracy...they don't want democracy as we know it...they want control.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here